Job DescriptionJob Title: Diagnostic Neurophysiology Technologist 1Work Site: Electroencephalography (EEG), Vancouver General HospitalStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $30.30 - $37.78 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 130352-aca
Come work as a Diagnostic Neurophysiology Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Diagnostic Neurophysiology Technologist to join the Electroencephalography (EEG) team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Diagnostic Neurophysiology Technologist you will:
- Perform technical functions related to diagnostic neurophysiology by performing duties such as conducting various tests including electroencephalography (EEG) and evoked potentials (EP), recording measurements, and formulating technical reports for interpretation by medical staff in clinical diagnosis.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Graduation with Diploma of Technology in Electrophysiology from a recognized institution and one (1) year directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certification with the Canadian Board of Registration of E.E.G. Technologists (C.B.R.E.T.).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of electroneurophysiology theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Knowledge in conducting various diagnostic tests including EEG and Evoked Potentials.
- Skilled in the use of the equipment and techniques appropriate to the assessment of clients.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers, physicians and other health care professionals, and clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.