Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
This position is for Massiv Die-Form, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Massiv Die-Form, a division of Magna International, designs and builds medium to large cast automotive and hot stamping dies. Massiv Die-Form is proudly committed to manufacture products of the highest quality, reliability, maintainability and durability for the global automotive market through skilled and dedicated people focused on total customer satisfaction, ongoing protection of the environment and the profitable well-being of our company.
- Communicate when requested with Customers in matters related to jobs in development, in process and completed.
- Validate current projects through E-Review gates for formability, process improvements and part quality. Give documented feedback and reviews to Vendors for corrective actions
- Perform preliminary spring-back studies to understand overall dimensional risk, measuring fixture concept and spring back compensation planning. Generate report with findings and planning (NSR doc)
- Drive the Engineering review process to ensure the deliverables are meet with quality, on time and hold the vendors accountable
- Perform functional die planning review for hard-touch, pad/post clearance for part nesting and other relevant details for successful release for 3D
- Perform other reasonable duties as required
- Engineering Degree or minimum 5 years’ experience
- Understanding of sheet metal formability and die operations
- Understand how to interpret GD & T and how it relates to processing / development / Springback compensation
- Expert knowledge of running stamping formability simulation using one or more of the following software: Autoform, PamStamp, LS Dyna
- Manufacturing knowledge of stamping, and other process technologies
- Ability to interpret Metallurgical Failure modes for components/systems that have failed in testing.
- Strong CAD software knowledge ( Catia Preferred, NX or Tebis is an asset )
- Ability to use network or PC based computer systems (Microsoft preferred).
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.