DIETARY AIDE (Part-Time) - Elgin Abbey
Candidates are invited to apply for the above part time position to work at Elgin Abbey, a 27-bed long-term care facility, located in Chesley, ON.
Reporting to the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide assists with food preparation and serving of meals. Cleans eating, cooking, storage, and serving areas, as well as equipment. Follows established policies, procedures and standards.
- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Assists Cooks to clean and prepare such uncooked food as salads, vegetables and fruits. Follows basic instructions in preparing such simple foods as breakfast items, basic desserts and garnishes.
- Clears plates and trays, loads and operates dishwasher. Cleans pots, pans and cooking utensils as per procedure.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food, including leftovers.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment, and infection control.
- Assembles nourishment carts. Stocks unit kitchenettes.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Successful completion and/or enrollment in a Food Service Worker Program meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long-Term Care Homes Act required. If enrolled, must complete program within three (3) years of hire date.
- Previous dietary experience preferred in LTC Home 0-1 year(s).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand simple verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting
- Successful candidate must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
Interested applicants may forward their resume no later than November 17, 2019.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.