Care. Compassion. Love. Respect
Pretty much sums up the needs of those who live and work in our long-term care homes. Our Long Term Care Services Plan will guide our work over the next 4 years and plays a key role in the Region of Peel’s vision of Community for Life.
What drives us? Providing excellent customer service to our residents and families - it’s in the heart of what we do! We have the unique ability to touch and make a positive difference in people's lives. If you thrive on a career built on rewarding experiences this may be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for candidates who are available to work a variety shifts along with every other weekend and holidays.
If you enjoy Seniors, have an approved Food Service Worker Certificate, are willing to complete the Food Safety Certification course we would love to have you come join our caring and compassionate team!
What you will do…
- Prepare food and beverages as per food production schedule and posted menu. May cook simple dishes, pan, tend and remove items from the stove, microwave, retherm cart etc.
- Maintain the kitchen, dining rooms and serveries in a clean and orderly manner
- Wash, scour and sanitize pots, pans and utensils
- Portion and serve meals in the dining rooms and prepare trays for distribution to other areas according to the Dietary Census
- Provide assistance to the residents in the dining room as necessary
- Work with the team to enhance the quality of life for residents and promote a pleasurable dining experience
- May update dietary records as required
- Obtain food and supplies and may assist in the receiving, checking and storing of supplies as directed
- High School diploma is required
- Food Service Worker Certificate as approved by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s program standards is required
- Must be willing to complete the Food Safety Certification course, as offered by the Public Health Division
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate appropriately with residents, staff, volunteers and visitors
- Must have a strong desire to work in a food service setting and ability to relate to older adults
- Must be physically able to perform all delegated duties
Interview:Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology
Location: Various Region of Peel LTC homes as opportunites become available. Sheridan Villa, Tall Pines, Malton Village, Peel Manor (CUPE 966) and Davis Centre (UFCW) We’ve put measures in place to protect the health, safety and wellness of our employees.
Hours of Work: Must be available to work varied shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Compensation: As per collective agreement
Please note: Successful candidates hired to work within any of The Region of Peel’s Long Term Care Homes are required to provide the following information prior to hire:
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- TB Skin Testing
- COVID-19 testing
It is the responsibility of the successful candidate to pay for any associated costs of the above noted checks
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.