|Job Title:||Dietitian 2 - Sole Charge|
|Work Site:||Gibson Adult Tertiary Rehabilitation, Sumac Place - Gibsons, BC|
|Status:||Regular Part Time (0.20 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$34.95 - $43.58 per hour|
1300 - 1645
Days off: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Dietitian with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in Gibsons, BC!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Dietitian to join the team at Sumac Place in Gibsons, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Dietitian with VCH you will:
- Work in a team based environment and without the general direction of another Dietitian and provide clinical dietetic services to patient care programs through the assessment, planning, implementing and outcome evaluation of nutritional goals and care plans.
- Collaborate with members of the health care team and participate in practice-based research projects.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
ABOUT GIBSONS, BC:
Known as the “gateway to the Sunshine Coast”, located just north of Vancouver, Gibsons is a quaint town overlooking a harbour and features the beautiful backdrop of our coastal mountains. This charming municipality filled with artists, entrepreneurs, and fishing boats is just a scenic 40-minute ferry ride from West Vancouver followed by a short 5km drive from the Langdale ferry terminal. This area is home to the traditional territories of both the Squamish and Sechelt First Nations, and is ideal for residents seeking a relaxing blend of water and land activities. Enjoy an outdoor lifestyle with unlimited hiking, biking, golf, fishing and more in a community rich in culture.
ABOUT SUMAC PLACE:
Sumac Place is a 28-bed specialized mental health facility located in Gibsons, B.C. It is part of Vancouver Coastal Health’s plan to meet the need for specialized mental health services throughout the region and serves clients from the Sunshine Coast as well as from other locations in the region. Sumac Place serves adult patients with complex mental illness who need further supports in order to optimize their independence and quality of life. Clients are stable and require specialized rehabilitation services as they continue on their recovery journey.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate in Dietetics or Nutritional Science from an accredited university.
- Graduate of Dietitians of Canada accredited Dietetic Internship Program, certification as a Diabetes Educator or equivalent education, training and experience as approved by the College of Dietitians of BC.
- Registered Dietitian with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of clinical dietetic theory and practice within a patient and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners established by the College of Dietitians of British Columbia and Dietitians of Canada.
- Broad knowledge of enteral and parenteral nutrition.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient responses to care plan, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with (both verbally and in writing), and to deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care professionals, patients and their families, and external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement nutrition care plans in relation to patient/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations, and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, problem-solve, and think critically.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate related equipment and techniques appropriate to clinical areas.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a computerized patient information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.