|Work Site:||Home Health, Robert & Lily Lee Family Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Regular Part Time (0.80 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Salary:||$34.95 - $43.58 per hour|
0830 - 1630; shift time includes a half hour unpaid meal break.
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Community Dietitian with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Dietitian to join the team at the Robert & Lily Lee Family Health Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Dietitian with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work independently and in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team to apply a population health approach in advocating, developing, implementing, and evaluating nutrition and health programs.
- Develop and support food security interventions.
- Act as a consultant to staff, community agencies and stakeholders.
- Provide consistent, reliable, evidence based nutrition assessment and consultation to the designated population group.
- Collaborate with members of the health care team and participate in practice-based research projects.
- Act as a resource person to combat malnutrition in community settings by implementing, evaluating and sustaining community based intervention programs.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia (CDBC).
- Two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Restricted Activity A & C is required to practice.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires use of personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of dietetic theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care. Knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines with regards to nutrition requirements for practitioners established by the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- Knowledge of enteral nutrition.
- Demonstrated ability to critically appraise new evidence and apply findings to practice
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology and the ability to initiate, perform and implement research activities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care plan, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with (both verbally and in writing), and to deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care professionals, clients and their families, and external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate client/patient/group education classes.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement nutrition care plans in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events particularly working alone in clients home.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and to think critically.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, provide presentations and effectively consult both one on one and in a group setting to students, colleagues and other health professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to apply professional knowledge and skills while working independently and in collaboration with others as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work effectively with culturally diverse, marginalized populations.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate related equipment and techniques appropriate to work areas.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized documentation system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.