Digital Analyst, eCommerce
Are you passionate about analytics and eCommerce? Are you always looking to understand the “why” behind a specific trend or anomaly in data? We’re looking for someone to help improve site conversion rates, loyalty and customer experience by creating dashboards, insights and driving our experimentation program. If this sounds like you, come join our rapidly growing eCommerce & Technology team as a Digital Analyst.
At Best Buy Canada, we believe empowered people and teams make smarter, faster, and more creative decisions. Our department is a truly Agile environment, where the distance between any one person and senior leadership is microscopic. Here, you’ll work on something big, small, or super cool and before you can blink 100,000 people will see it. You’ll create fast, learn fast, and develop fast. Oh, and sometimes you’ll fail fast too. That’s ok. (Honestly.) It’s all part of the process.
As a Digital Analyst you’ll be joining a dynamic team responsible for optimizing the shopping experience on BestBuy.ca, the largest electronics retail site in Canada. You’ll dive deep into exciting analytics projects and deliver data-informed insights to help understand how our customers behave on our website and what pain points they are experiencing. Your work will be critical to ensuring that product development teams have the right data to make the best decisions and ultimately identify opportunities to build a world-class experience for our customers.
As a Digital Analyst you will…
- Ensure product teams have the KPIs, dashboards and ad-hoc analysis to understand customer behavior, and the health of their product
- Partner with senior leaders to estimate the value / benefit of new initiatives to make sure we are always working on the most valuable stories
- Identify customer pain points and site optimization opportunities by doing deep dive analyses, integrating web behavior data with voice of customer data (survey data, NPS, social media, etc.)
- Quantify the financial and customer experience impact of new site features and optimization initiatives by recommending experiments: from experimental design to test result analysis and presentation
- Raise the department’s analytical IQ through your involvement in formal training, workshops, one-on-ones, weekly insights meetings, and sharing your work
- Ensure we are collecting the right web analytics data by designing tagging strategies and helping translate analytics requirements from the business into new variables for developers to implement
We hope you are passionate about…
- Strategic problem solving – you are able to navigate through a complex network of data structures, pull relevant data and extract valuable insights
- Learning – you are curious by nature with a fiery desire to learn and progress
- The details! – you catch discrepancies from a mile away and can manage and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently.
- Leadership – you speak your voice making your suggestions known and elevate others to be the best they can be.
What you’ll need to succeed…
- 3+ years of experience in reporting and analysis using Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- 2+ years of experience working in digital analytics in eCommerce
- 1+ years of experience defining Adobe Analytics tag requirements and specs, preferably using Adobe’s Dynamic Tag Manager (DTM) or Adobe Launch
- 1+ year(s) experience working in an Agile environment; familiarity with JIRA, Confluence
Type of Environment You’re Working In…
- Lead by intent at any stage in your career. Every analyst carries the freedom/responsibility to bring innovative ideas/recommendations that challenge the status-quo. Opportunities include working with Product Managers, Directors and VPs the on a regular basis in all levels of seniority.
- Develop domain expertise through embedded culture. Your cross-functional team will trust you as the Analytics Expert while you get to develop your knowledge in a specific business function.
- Grow your analytics toolkit within the Analyst Community. Best Buy has one of the largest analytics team in Vancouver. Embedded analysts come together weekly to share learnings, establish best practices/methodologies/frameworks, innovate through monthly hackathons and take courses together.
- Work with mentors and career coaches to achieve your goals. We believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth… on company time. That’s why everyone in our eCommerce and IT departments has their own
There’s more, too…
- Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance
- Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar
- Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions
- Significant employee discounts both in-store and online
- Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other company-wide events