Z Gallerie, now under the DirectBuy Home Improvement Inc platform of CSC Generation, is building a multi-brand company to consolidate the home furnishings industry while driving growth through digital.
Our creative team is not your average group of designers. We're constantly evolving our business and that means our designers are constantly evolving too. With new concepts developing daily our designers have a vast array of creative opportunities available to them. Our creative decisions are driven by data which gives our designers the chance to develop an understanding of how intelligent design can be used to drive results and to find creative solutions to improve those results.
We are currently seeking a multi-disciplined and inspired designer with an exceptional portfolio in digital. The ideal candidate understands the power and importance of user-centered design and its ability to captivate an audience and drive business objectives. He/she/they should have a vigilant eye for detail, a sound knowledge and understanding of ecommerce, and a willingness to learn and be curious and passionate about home décor. The Digital Marketing Designer should be interested in conversion and use a data-driven approach to best understand what resonates with our customer and how to identify opportunities for growth. He/she/they will work with the design team and cross-functional partners to execute a diverse range of high impact projects. Candidate will work with a variety of internal teams and external partners to deliver strategic brand strategies and on-brand messaging across all company touch points.
- With the support and direction of the Digital Art Director, artfully design and execute digital marketing materials including, but not limited to: Z Gallerie webpages, emails, onsite messaging, digital advertising, and social posts.
- Works closely with Web Merchandising, UX, merchants and Marketing teams to analyze results and determine actions for future campaigns and messaging.
- Understands the brand, the customer and the product.
- Proactively initiates conversion focused design solutions.
- Collaborate closely with creative team, editorial team, photo editor and retouching to create visually compelling and persuasive internal and external presentations
- Design conclusive and comprehensive info graphics (charts and graphs) for internal and external presentations
- Develop strong, stand alone type and graphic lock ups for branded initiatives and ad campaigns
- Perform image pulls for creative inspiration, and special projects (such as potential branded partnerships) with Photo Editors and Creative partners.
- Presents designs during creative reviews.
- Adhere to brand guidelines while keeping an eye on trends and marketplace standards in an effort to always be elevating, innovating and pivoting when necessary
- Work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and execute marketing initiatives.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to multiple audiences both orally and in writing.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3-5 years of professional Digital design experience
- Must have previous creative experience with retail ecommerce
- Confident working knowledge and passion for typography as it relates to independent letter forms, editorial usage, logos for websites.
- Demonstrated taste level as it relates to image collage, color palettes and type selection
- Experience in organizing, presenting and discussing design options
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, proficiency in CS Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign as well as a working knowledge of Keynote and Sketch
- Experience in creating gifs, basic animation and desired experience with video graphics
Note: Please ensure you provide a portfolio with your application.
- Great work space in downtown Toronto (when we get back to being in the office)
- Casual dress environment with other creatives in the office
- Competitive salary + benefits
Z Gallerie provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.