A WORD ABOUT US
Moment Factory is a multimedia studio based in Montreal with a full range of production expertise under one roof. Our team combines specialists in video, lighting, architecture, sound, and special effects to create remarkable experiences. Since its inception in 2001, Moment Factory has created more than 400 unique shows and destinations. Productions span the globe and include such clients as the Los Angeles Airport, Nine Inch Nails, Microsoft, NFL, Sony, Toyota, the City of Barcelona, Madonna, and Royal Caribbean Cruises.
Under the supervision of the Director, CD & Multimedia Director team, the Creative Director is part of developing the creative vision of Moment Factory. Working closely with the producer, he initiates and contributes to all projects assigned to him, being in charge of their design, production, artistic direction, delivery and integration. He works with the client and ensures total quality of the project’s creation and their goals/objectives.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, understand and answer to the needs of the client and the public;
· Develop and maintain project’s guidelines, their objectives and priorities;
· Be a part of developing concepts jointly with the creative teams;
· Support, guide and be part of the professional growth and success of the Producer;
· Direct the decision-making process and ensure that all decisions made are in line with the Moment Factory method, its creative vision, its branding and processes;
· Understand the mid and long-term strategic business objectives of the company in order to execute the decision-making process accordingly;
· Be a part of the information flow within various departments, in regards to the project;
· Ensure quality control within various departments, in regards to the project;
· Ensure that budget and timeline of projects are respected, closely with the Producer and Director;
· Find solutions to all unexpected issues faced with during the creative process, production and delivery, along with other members of the creative team;
· Be part of the meeting with the creative team during concepts development, design as well as on site integration (or any other location indicated by the Producer), in line with the established timeline;
· Inspire the creative team and act as a mentor to them;
· Encourage and guide business research and development;
· Be a part of the hiring process.
· Over 10 years of experience as Creative Director, including a combination of positions such as Artistic Director in the multimedia field, visual effects, dance, theatre, circus or any other relevant field of expertise;
· Experience in casting and as a coach to artists;
· Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word);
· Minimal understanding of design, 3D design and/or a video editing software, an asset;
· Basic knowledge of multimedia technology;
· Knowledge of architecture, a great asset;
· Proven abilities to simultaneously manage many projects, work under pressure and be part of a team.
· Skills in human and creative resources management;
· Ability to make decisions, delegate and negotiate;
· Inspiring and inspired creative vision;
· Curious and constantly looking for ideas within the most recent currents of the cultural and entertainment industries;
· Ability to develop good relationships;
· Ability to motivate and manage a wide variety of creative resources;
· Self-sufficiency, team spirit and reliability.
SPECIFIC WORKING CONDITIONS
· Flexibility in work schedules;
· Frequent travelling required to the United-States and abroad.
At Moment Factory, we work hard because we believe in the potential of bringing people together to experience emotions, create connections and form powerful memories. To design these memorable moments, we favour the collaborative work of multidisciplinary talents, all united by the same passion. It is the meeting of minds and talent that creates sparks. That's why we're looking for inspired and inspiring people who are always eager to learn, share, and reinvent themselves.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!
NOTE: The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.