Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Canada East, the Director, Business Development, Canada East, will work closely with Gevity Canada East’s leadership team and company divisions to actively drive corporate growth through the strategic planning and execution of business development and sales plans.
Core Role Responsibilies
As a member of a Divisional management team Directors lead by example and set the tone for the sales and delivery of professional services in accordance with global best practices and Gevity values. Directors have a broad range of leadership and management responsibilities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Strive to achieve financial targets and develop strong customer partnerships;
- Work to identify, develop and qualify a sales funnel that is three (3) times the expected quarterly and yearly sales target amounts;
- Provide advice and insight into all aspects of sales and account management functions in support of Gevity’s growth objectives.
- Achieve or exceed annual sales target (quota) and advise on the determination of annual sales targets for all Divisions and Branches.
- Work with management and executive teams on an ongoing basis for all bids considered “strategic” by the CEO and all bids with a potential value of $1M or more, providing advisory services on bid qualification and bid development including strategy, win themes, competitive analysis, and SWOT analysis.
- Develop business pursuit strategies with concrete action plans and execution
- Arrange, prepare for, and attend client and executive level meetings in which the services of the company are communicated based on pre-existing or newly developed collateral materials, bringing along appropriate Company representatives in consultation with the appropriate executive level Partner or the CEO;
- Engage with C-level customers to explore, build and prioritize opportunities while identifying missed opportunities.
- Work with Gevity’s bid team to ensure timely responses to RFP's.
Other tasks and duties as may be required.
Typical Skills and Qualifications
Skills and qualifications will include the following:
- Brings an existing list of health contacts and relationships, especially in Ontario
- A deep understanding of the current market, the industry trends and government healthcare policy;
- Effective communication skills, business maturity, and good judgment;
- Strong work ethic and ownership of both company and client goals/objectives, focused on understanding, meeting and exceeding customer expectations;
- High energy, strong sense of urgency, self-motivated and results oriented
- Big picture approach and passionate about Healthcare;
- Ability to work in an energizing environment with multiple priorities, while demonstrating flexibility and a positive attitude;
- Ability to identify and cultivate strong, professional rapport with external clients, partners and internal clients;
- Proven expertise in client relationship management;
- Solid proven approach to documentation and follow up for new and existing leads (contact management) and sales metrics reporting
- Experience writing, reviewing and editing proposals;
- Excellent written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and presentation skills. Consideration given to those bilingual in French and English;
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously;
- Ability to lead and participate in the development of tools and processes;
- Knowledge of contracting and negotiating and willingness to assist in the preparation of contracts for new clients;
- Senior experience assisting in closing new deals;
- A proven track record of success in a solution-oriented, professional services environment;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Knowledge and experience in the field of digital health is desired.