Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Office of the CIIO
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Innovation, the incumbent is responsible for developing, implementing and managing Ivanhoé Cambridge’s continuous improvement practices. In collaboration with the various business departments, he or she develops simple and effective business processes based on the organization’s strategic priorities and objectives. He or she oversees implementation of a continuous improvement culture to complement organizational transformation efforts, the aim of which is to contribute to Ivanhoé Cambridge’s culture of operational excellence.
- As a continuous improvement expert, guide the executive team in identifying, prioritizing and establishing the financial and cultural performance measures that will contribute the most to business improvement;
- Develop the strategy and action plan for developing and administering Ivanhoé Cambridge’s continuous improvement practices;
- Provide the various stakeholders with the support needed to more rapidly adopt a continuous improvement culture;
- Provide expert advice and mentorship to members of the management team in order to develop their skills in continuous improvement; help the management team and the entire business to understand continuous improvement’s range of positive effects;
- Train teams from the different departments in order to build an internal community of continuous improvement experts (Lean management);
- Strengthen the business’s skills in continuous improvement to create an environment conducive to successful innovation by participating in developing and improving tools and work methods (including KPIs and measurement tools);
- Help formalize certain work methods by creating a roadmap to encourage buy-in and implementation;
- Work closely with internal HR partners in order to create opportunities for professional development for promising resources within the organization;
- Identify, put together and manage matrix teams as needed;
- With support from the Communications and Public Affairs team, raise the awareness of employees and managers with respect to continuous improvement practices, training and accomplishments;
- Identify and manage external expertise as needed to support internal continuous improvement initiatives;
- Develop a business network with various external partners and monitor the external environment to benchmark the organization’s performance and continuous improvement efforts.
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Ten or more years of experience in the private sector;
- Continuous improvement certification (Lean or Six Sigma);
- Project management certification or experience, a significant asset;
- Strong track record for success with business strategy and complex initiatives;
- Working knowledge of business processes;
- Expertise in change management;
- Experience working in complex business environments (multiple regions or sectors).
- Leadership skills and the ability to empower employees;
- Business acumen and a results-based focus;
- Organization and prioritization skills;
- Innovative and progressive;
- Adaptability and tolerance for uncertainty;
- Persuasiveness and strong communication skills;
- Exceptional talent for teamwork;
- Ability to manage risk and change;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.