Why join us?
We are looking for a highly motivated Director, Corporate Finance to join our Corporate Finance team in Toronto. In this role, you will work alongside the VP, Corporate Finance & Treasury in all aspects of the role.
You will be a key member of the broader Financial Services function—part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate, and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
Key relationships within OMERS which include:
• Corporate Tax
• Corporate Legal
• Investment entity Finance teams
• Capital Markets teams
The Corporate Finance strategy aims to
• expand and establish new international borrowing programs
• mature the OMERS institutional investor and lender relations program
• advance and facilitate the use of recourse leverage throughout OMERS investments
This role will shadow the VP, Corporate Finance & Treasury in all aspects of the role, and assume leadership of components over time. The VP’s role includes:
o Sponsoring OMERS Finance Trust’s commercial paper and term note programs
o Monitoring, managing and prudently expanding OMERS total fund leverage
o Maintaining strong relationships with OMERS existing and potential debt investors, dealers and credit rating agencies
o Developing forecasts and strategies applicable to financing
This role will also support the VP, Corporate Finance & Treasury in routine and ad hoc analyses; compliance monitoring; and presentations.
To succeed in this role, you have:
• 7+ years’ progressive experience in finance at an active corporate or government issuer, or at a dealer in the debt capital markets space
• CPA and/or CFA designation
• Excellent relationship-building, communication and analytical skills, along with intrinsic motivation and a strong work ethic