At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees how much we appreciate their efforts, we do everything we can to make sure they feel included, supported and encouraged. Aramark Canada proudly partners with world class post-secondary institutions, world renowned hospitals, major league sports venues and leading global businesses. As part of a global team that spans 19 countries and has over 200,000 team members; we strive to achieve a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce that our employees can be proud of.
Learn more at www.aramark.ca
The Director of Professional Services/Corporate Registered Dietitian (RD) leads the menu & culinary team and has overall responsibility for menu development and implementation, including provision of professional services. This position actively participates in industry association committees, product testing and evaluation, client presentations and development of new programs for Complete Purchasing Services and GESPRA.
This position reports in to Vice President, Marketing & Program Development.
- Develops guidelines for menu development for specified age groups and business units.
- Develops and signs off on the COMPLETE and/or GESPRA menu program (long term care, hospitality & camp), per established guidelines.
- Ensures the therapeutic/texture modified menu program meets Canada’s Food Guide, DRIs and provincial standards for menu planning for specified age group, e.g. seniors.
- Ensures accuracy of nutritional values and menu costing.
- Consults with the corporate chef for regular recipe adjustments to meet therapeutic and texture modification requirements and coordinates recipe testing for therapeutic and texture modified recipes
- Maintains the corporate database (Computrition) for COMPLETE-GESPRA menu programs, specifically, product nutrition information.
- Maintains portal content for the COMPLETE-GESPRA menu/recipe program, including but not limited to, recipe therapeutic assignments.
- Works directly with manufacturers and Aramark Canada supply chain to obtain and/or evaluate product nutrition information.
- Reviews and validates GS1 Canada product attributes and reports issues, as needed.
User Training and Support
- Provides second level support to CPS menu program users & prospects. For the bilingual position, provides first level support to GESPRA menu program users & prospects.
- Reviews and approves user guides and/or video tutorials prior to deployment.
- Documents user interactions in CRM, smartsheet, etc.
- In collaboration with the VP, Marketing & Program Development, identifies opportunities for professional services, and assists in development of corresponding services/programs.
- In collaboration with the CPS marketing team, plans, coordinates, develops and/or delivers web-based and/or in-person food & nutrition-related education materials/sessions and articles.
Field Support & Engagement
- Works directly with clients to evaluate and provide guidance with meeting therapeutic/texture modified menu requirements.
- Participates and represents CPS/GESPRA in targeted professional organizations, industry conferences and company events to promote the COMPLETE/GESPRA dining program.
- Provides corporate support to Account and Sales Managers.
Measurement & Analysis
- Monitors, recommends and applies learnings from food and industry trends.
- Monitors user adoption, identifies opportunities and recommends approach to account management team and/or follows up directly with client.
- Evaluates nutritional information of new products as requested by Aramark Supply Chain.
- Actively participates in discovery and business requirements meetings as subject matter expert in foodservice operations, specifically menu development.
- Actively participates in user acceptance testing and system evaluation.
- Actively participates in product and recipe testing.
- Participates in reporting and data collection.
The successful candidate must possess a university degree in food & nutrition (or dietetics) from an accredited institution in Canada.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
- Active member of the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Active member of Dietitians of Canada, including as committee member of gerontology network
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with menu planning for seniors in long term care and retirement homes.
- Minimum ten (10) years of clinical and foodservice operations experience, preferably as corporate RD or similar leadership role.
- Experience and working knowledge of menu management software, specifically Computrition software is an asset.
- Above average computer skills, specifically in Microsoft office applications (MS excel) and powerpoint.
- Experience and demonstrated ability for presenting to a broad range of audience.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills for clear, concise assessment of support issues and user/client requirements as well as for product, recipe and menu evaluations.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral. For the bilingual position, must be able to communicate effectively in both English and French.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, plus the ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Attention to detail and a passion for database management.
- Excellent customer service and client relationship skills.
- Ability to effectively manage others through informal influence as well as with direct authority.
- A natural leader with high energy and a sense of enthusiasm who can inspire and motivate others, thereby creating vision and commitment throughout the organization.
- A self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work effectively with little supervision and also in a team environment.
- A high energy, results-oriented individual who can make a difference; an individual who takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability and has a “can do” attitude; has a sense of urgency.
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- A strong value system, unquestioned integrity and good listening skills.
- Has perseverance and the ability to drive complicated projects to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively cope with change.
- Draws on diverse resources to make high quality decisions.
- Thrives on functioning independently with a minimum of supervision, and also in a team environment.
- Has the ability to motivate others who have no direct reporting relationship.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The finalist candidate for this position will need to complete and successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and a Vulnerable Sector Screening (if the operations we service require this). If hired for this position, your continued employment with us would be conditional upon Aramark being satisfied that you have successfully cleared both these pre-conditions.