DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
Imagination, ingenuity and entrepreneurial thinking leads to endless opportunities.
Combine your passion with purpose and join MNP’s Technology team as a Director, Cyber Security and IT Risk Management. Work with tech-savvy problem solvers who embrace digital transformation and the possibilities technology brings to the future of our industry. You’ll make an impact by creating and supporting agile, secure and reliable IT infrastructure that enables MNP to keep pace with business needs.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Director, Cyber Security and IT Risk Management will be responsible for leading cyber security programs at MNP. Providing strategic and innovative insight into a multi-faceted security program, the Director, Cyber Security and IT Risk Management ensures policies, training, incident response and risk management are best in class to reduce organizational risks and protect infrastructure.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our team members are successfully ‘disrupting’ mid-market business practices.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Purposefully lead, mentor and motivate a team of cyber security professionals
- Collaborate with the CIO to provide strategic planning, development, evaluation and coordination of MNP’s cyber security strategy and roadmap
- Accountable for all projects and ongoing oversight of business processes designed to reduce and mitigate information security risks
- Regularly evaluate information security posture across technology solutions
- Oversee security questionnaires, queries and audits from MNP customers
- Act as a trusted adviser within all levels of the firm to incorporate and manage security risk, evaluate gaps and suggest remediation plans
- Work with MNP’s leaders to understand requirements, prioritize security initiatives and recommend risk-based and cost-effective security solutions that meet business needs and meet compliance requirements
- Implement security practices in order to achieve or comply with various certifications such as ISO, NIST or PCI
- Develop, monitor and report on action plans for identified security and compliance issues
- Accountable for security incident response planning, execution and awareness
- Identify security goals, objectives, metrics and dashboards consistent with MNP’s strategic plans
- Evaluate security threats to MNP’s physical and digital assets and recommend proactive remediation plans
- Oversee incident response planning, as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches, as necessary
- Research, evaluate, recommend and manage third party security vendors to ensure they are meeting their service level agreements and providing value to MNP
- Advance and implement firm security policies, standards, employee awareness programs, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security
- Ensure compliance with business continuity and disaster recovery policies
- Prepare and deliver security risk and compliance reports and presentations to assist in development of mitigation strategies
- Keep up to date on rapidly changing compliance and governance, new security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new system vulnerability identifiers
Your Skills and Experience
- 10 or more years of progressive experience in various aspects of Information Technology security and governance roles, with a proven track record of IT leadership and managing teams
- Experience with Cloud products
- Preference given to experience within related professional services industries
- Demonstrated success leading large scale initiatives or transformations across an organization
- Strong leadership experience
- Current certifications to include CISM, CISA and/or CISSP
- Strong sense of professional ethics, integrity and trust
- Effective decision making and critical thinking skills
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!