Job DescriptionJob Title: Director, Employee SafetyWork Site: Safety and Prevention, Vancouver General Hospital
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#: 133294-mhs
Join VCH as the Director, Employee Safety in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!Vancouver Coastal Health has an exciting opportunity on the Safety and Prevention team - come join our team as the Director, Employee Safety!
As the Director, Employee Safety at Vancouer Coastal Health you will:
- Be accountable for developing, implementing and assessing effective strategies, programs/services, policies, projects and processes that achieve alignment with VCH’s strategic and operational plans.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Managers and Team Leads as appropriate in operational planning, budget management, coordination of new initiatives, policies, procedures and programs.
- Liaise with other Employee Engagement Directors and Managers within VCH for the coordination and promotion of programs and information.
- Establish and maintain key partnerships with counterparts at other health authorities, Security Service Providers, Insurance Providers and governmental agencies throughout the province.
Reporting to the Director are the Managers who oversee and lead the various Safety and Prevention programs and staff regionally across the health authority.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in business or a health sciences discipline, with a diploma in Occupational Health & Safety plus seven (7) to ten (10) years' progressive experience in a large multi-union organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or equivalent.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Anticipates future changes in practice, and recommends transition strategies that optimize the efficiency, appropriateness, consistency and quality of Employee Engagement Programs.
- Develops, manages, and evaluates program delivery in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders considering service delivery needs, demands and constraints within a complex environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to foster a motivating, encouraging and respectful work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; facilitates, collaborates and negotiates with others.
- Strong organizational skills; able to prioritize, plan, organize workloads and manage client expectations.
- Quality service orientation; continuously seeks to develop and improve service and program delivery, standards and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of partners and lead change, and build and support management teams.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt readily to rapidly changing environment and respond with initiative.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Uses sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of the assigned projects/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with overall goals of the organization.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.#vch1