Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is for full-time, permanent staff role based in Halifax NS.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Master’s degree, P.Eng or PMP in a relevant field considered a strong asset
- 10+ years of experience in a naval shipbuilding environment required
- 10+ years of leadership experience
- Proven ability to lead change in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in achieving high performance levels
- Proven track record of meeting challenging schedules
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Lead, direct and manage a team of Engineers in a “new build” ship construction environment
- Responsible for the leadership of Engineering function in support of shipbuilding
- Streamline Engineering processes with an emphasis on process design for cost and cycle time reduction
- Strategic and tactical continuous improvement activities in multiple vessel construction
- Constantly review allocation of resources and materials to ensure optimal utilization in order to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
- Responsible for formalizing design rules and supporting measures across business
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.