Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at June 30, 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Finance and Accounting, Retail
Position type: Salaried
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Operational Accounting, Retail, the incumbent is responsible of overseeing a team of Managers, Financial administration and accounting that provides the financial results for a portfolio of properties. Additionally, in collaboration with the other Director, Financial Administration and Accounting, the incumbent is responsible to oversee the activity of the team responsible for the collections and the Lease Administration.
Main duties include:
- Team management
- Manage, supervise and oversee four Managers: tree Managers, Financial administration and accounting and one Manager, Lease Administration and Collection, to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the financial results on a timely basis for assigned properties on a monthly, quarterly and year end basis, including during the forecasting and budgeting process;
- Mentor and coach a team of managers to promote continued development of their skills supporting adaptability to a changing environment;
- Advise managers on the leadership of their employees;
- Contribute actively to the development and implementation of departmental initiatives;
- Planning and management of team objectives and goals; set priorities and manage workloads to ensure seamless business continuity;
- Conduct performance reviews, provide regular feedback and guidance to direct reports promoting company core values;
Safeguard and ensure compliance with the financial internal controls applicable to the Retail Business unit:
Develop, maintain, review and implement accounting policies for the retail business unit;
- Coordinate and implement accounting policies issued by Corporate standards group;
- Maintain and improve financial internal controls review engagement lead by retail business unit finance group with retail shopping centres;
- Coordinate, review and present internal control review engagement results to retail business unit operations group including lead and review of internal audit engagement with operations;
Lead year-end audit coordination with external auditors for both statutory financial statements and CAM statements;
- Coordinate, plan and support the year-end process and communications to key stakeholders;
Property financial administration:
Review and approve the budget and year-end schedules for the recoveries and % rent revenue; ensure accurate and timely results;
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of the year-end billing adjustments;
- Review and provide guidance to the Managers for the monthly and annual revenue variance analysis;
- Contribute and review the Budget and quarterly reporting packages to Senior Management;
- Coordinate and review the statement of adjustment transaction schedules for completeness, accuracy and timeliness;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships, anticipating the needs of key stakeholders, such as Operations, Leasing, Development and Legal teams;
- Identify opportunities, develop and implement process improvement initiatives and system efficiencies; supporting the evolving business unit needs; draft and maintain business processes;
- Manage relationships with co-owners ensuring reporting requirements are met;
Coordinate and oversee the accounting and budgeting process for non-managed properties;
Responsible for Purchase and Sales Agreement review and all Statement of adjustments preparation and review for capital transactions;
- Responsible for coordination and relationship with sales tax auditors in partnership with Ivanhoe Cambridge’s tax department;
- Oversee the management of the teams responsible for the collections and the Lease Administration which are supervised by a manager;
- Support the Vice President with special projects as assigned.
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Minimum ten to fifteen years of experience in a similar supervisory role, especially in the real estate industry, an asset;
- Strong supervisory and team-leading experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment as both a key team player and leader;
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities, perform under pressure and multitask effectively;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to gather, interpret and synthesize complex information;
- Strategic, innovative, big-picture thinking and superior problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented and deadline-driven;
- Knowledge in MS Office, including intermediate proficiency in Excel;
Fluently bilingual in French and English (spoken and written);
Knowledge of Hyperion and J.D. Edwards, Cube reporting, BI tools an asset.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.