ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL COMPLIANCE & CONTROLS LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING CHALLENGE? Our client company is seeking an individual for a full-time basis.
Director, Financial Compliance & Controls
About the Company
As the Director, Financial Compliance & Controls you are responsible for supporting the Corporate Controller in ensuring overall compliance with external reporting from an ICFR 52-109 perspective and SOX compliance. The role will be responsible for ensuring controls are operating effectively and processes put in place to effectively manage this. The role will also be responsible for leading the efficiency initiative across all banners, including Europe and India, which will include establishing and streamlining common processes, improving the current monthly financial review process and working with the Corporate Controller to improve the accuracy and timing of the financial statement close.
About the Opportunity
- Manage the monthly financial statement review process across all banners and geographies
- Support the Corporate Controller on monthly close calls from an issue identification perspective and follow up
- Manage open risks /issues and follow up with appropriate banner accounting to ensure actions are identified and resolved
- Create a reporting mechanism to escalate non-compliance to senior leadership
- Lead / support Balance sheet review and analysis (formal monthly accounting review with Senior Accounting Executives i.e. SVP level)
- Manage process for review and approval of monthly account reconciliations and journal entries
- Create opportunities for efficiency and improvement across banners
- Automation of reconciliations using Cadency/other solutions to drive efficiency
- Drive standardization across Banner Finance teams of Financial accounting and reporting processes
- Review mix of tasks (onshore/offshore) to ensure appropriate balance of efficiency and effectiveness
- Act as system administrator for Cadency, including responsibility for extending and expanding use of Cadency modules to drive efficiency and automation of the close / financial close processes
- Create a measurement criteria which includes establishment of key metrics and reporting to senior leadership
- Develop and maintain department policies and procedures
- Travel - 50% between Canada, US and India.
- Analytical in nature and able to understand financial statement drivers and interdependencies
- Superior communications skills, with a proven ability to build strong business relationships beyond your team; and to effectively manage the needs of multiple stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated management, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Able to develop, lead and monitor a culture of high efficiency, results and customer oriented corporate accounting and reporting services
- A CPA designation is essential and a Bachelors or Master's degree, with business or accounting background preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in Accounting and Finance within a large, global and complex publicly traded company
- Strong background in retail, including track record of transformation and efficiency initiatives and implementation
- An expert understanding of both IFRS and US GAAP
- Proficiency in Oracle Fusion, Hyperion Financial Management, and Cadency is an asset
$125,000 - $135,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #21009.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.