Job Title: Director of Financial Reporting
Supervisor Title: Vice-President, Finance
Department: Minto Corporate Services Inc.
Why join Minto?
We are an award-winning, fully integrated real estate company - proudly creating better places for people to live, work and play for over 60 years. With expertise in home building, construction and property and investment management, we’ve built over 85,000 new homes, manage 15,000 multi-residential units and carry 2.7 million square feet of commercial space. Our investment management portfolio spans $2.9 billion in assets.
Our business is comprised of four divisions with operations in major cities spanning across Canada and the United States. As we continue to evolve and grow, we believe in hiring the best people who are as committed to creating incredible experiences for our customers as we are. We offer incredible benefits and career growth for our employees including a competitive total rewards package, Minto Learning Centre courses, tuition reimbursement, and flexible summer hours in many locations and much more. Join us to find out how you can be a part of it all!
Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance, the Director of Financial Reporting will be accountable for all aspects of the financial reporting cycle as well as the annual budget exercise. The Director of Financial Reporting will also support the Vice-President, Finance in various ad-hoc projects. Based in Ottawa, the Director of Financial Reporting role will appeal to a confident, proactive, high-energy individual who thrives in a dynamic, high-paced, high-growth environment.
What you'll be responsible for day to day:
- Coordinate the year-end audit and have overall responsibility for the preparation of the audited financial statements;
- Oversees all external reporting requirements (board, lenders, partners);
- Provide advice and guidance on all financial reporting matters, including research on accounting issues;
- Identify and recommend internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures;
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee;
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual Management Discussion and Analysis;
- Monitor debt covenants;
- Manage the consolidation process for the quarterly reporting as well as budgets and forecasts;
- Plan and manage the budget for the corporate finance team;
- Plan and manage the budget and forecasting processes;
- Oversee the design and maintenance of a consolidation and budget tool (BPC);
- Own and manage the chart of accounts;
- Special projects as they arise;
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervising accounting staff
Who we're looking for:
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA)
- Experience with IFRS a definite asset;
- Experience with ERP systems;
- 10+ years of progressive technical accounting experience involving the application and analysis of accounting standards
Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze complex issues, diagnose multi-dimensional problems, and devices appropriate recommendations;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proven communication skills (verbal and written) combined with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to affect change through influence
- High Energy
- Change Oriented
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.