Director, Food & Beverage
JPL’s Director of Food & Beverage is an active & contributing member of the Executive Committee, overseeing the effectiveness of luxury guest services, employee performance & development and service enhancements for the overall F&B division; Culinary, Stewarding, In-Room Dining, Colleague Dining, Banquets, multiple restaurants/outlets. The successful candidate will provide vision and leadership that fosters an engaged team and ensures quality, efficiency and superior luxury service. JPL’s Director of Food and Beverage is a leader who will balance all stakeholders’ expectations by driving new, innovative and dynamic F&B experiences for our guests. The Director F&B will provide cutting edge learning experiences for the Food and Beverage team that drives the definition of luxury and ensures the brand continues to elevate its reputation.
Hotel Overview:Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is surrounded by the snow-capped mountains and enchanting lakes of the Jasper National Park; a UNESCO designated World Heritage Site and one of the world’s largest Dark Sky reserves. Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is a700 acre year-round luxury mountain resort which wraps around the shores of the pristine lake "Lac Beauvert". The Jasper resort'scharming village of cedar chalets and Luxury Signature Cabins, all connected bypicturesque paths, offer guestsunique access to explore the natural environment of the hotel. Amongst a plethora of accolades we are ranked as the #5 Top resorts in Canada by Condé Naste along with the best Luxury Rocky Mountain Resort Hotel by Lux Life magazine. On property we boast Canada’s #2 ranked Golf Course and #1 ranked most beautiful courses in Canada by ScoreGolf magazine. Condé Naste rated us as #4 resort Spa in Canada and #13 Spas of America. In 2018 we were also awarded the Top Employer Award by the Alberta Apprenticeship & Industry Training Board.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides the guest with flawless, proactive and sincere luxury services from an engaged and empowered workforce committed to creating a memorable experience
- Acts as ambassador and spokesperson to all customers; promotes tailored services to VIPs and loyal guests; responding timely and consistent to customer & third party concerns; fielding issues with operational departments under the scope of responsibility
- Demonstrates a commitment to Service Excellence through visible presence on the floor; leads the strategic implementation of customer satisfaction improvement activities measured through VOG (TrustYou) and in keeping with our luxury standards of service delivery within the Food & Beverage division
- Drives innovative promotions, menus and concepts; creating a destination of choice for both Hotel and external guests; working closely with the Sales & PR team on marketing strategies promoting the F&B outlets to further enhance existing and establish new incoming revenue streams
- Implement effective control of food, beverage, labour and operating expenses throughout the F&B division
- Spearheads the Problem Resolution process SCORE & #OWNIT within the F&B Division; communicating with guests ensuring that issues are being resolved during the stay; establishes a monthly reporting system that allows to solve potential issues proactively
- Collaborates with the Online Reputation Manager regarding customer feedback and guest satisfaction results; ensures to engage with customers in a timely manner through multiple avenues; reviews monthly reports and analyzes feedback review patterns; develops strategies for luxury service and product improvements based on provided guest feedback
- Drives the F&B social media accounts in accordance with marketing standards (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter); manages onlinereputationby responding in a timely and professional manner and handling any concerns (i.e. Trip Advisor).
- Ensures that monthly financial outlooks and results for the F&B division are accurate; maintains divisional efficiency/productivity and essential luxury guest services; maximization of revenues and effective cost control
- Develops the annual Food & Beverage budget from a revenue, cost, productivity, and efficiency perspective; coordinates F&B division capital planning with department heads; involved in the development and execution of hotel wide strategic planning
- Actively participates in the revenue management process ensuring Food & Beverage revenues are maximized in order to achieve financial success (Rev per hour worked, Rev per occupied room and GOP); develops strategic plans to maximize suggestive selling in In-Room Dining and Restaurant environment
- Hotel representative for all major Food and Beverage capital projects; leads and coordinates internal preventive maintenance programs; leads and coordinates F&B 2020 initiatives and capital requirements
- Oversees employee and leader planning, recruitment, selection and development through goal development and coaching; manages a related leadership succession plan
- Coaches and mentors colleagues; empowers colleagues to exceed guest expectations & provides a path for career development within AccorHotels
- Creates and maintains effective scheduling practices to ensure adequate staffing levels that satisfy guest and business needs, while following the Collective Agreement.
- Demonstrates, and holds the team accountable to, the highest standards of internal and external luxury customer service at all times.
- Effective performance management through focus on colleague development, training, problem resolution, maintain up-to-date records on performance and audits, attendance, grooming, service deficiencies, schedules, labour costs/payroll, and late/absenteeism.
- Leads division to maintain superior colleague engagement through action planning as a result of the Employee Engagement Survey including continuous improvements
- Ensures colleague concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Builds and maintains employee relationships; conducts monthly communication meetings; ensures appropriate and timely recognition for individuals and teams; participates in organizing divisional and hotel recognition events
- Proactively builds, develops, maintains and manages strong working relationships with all other departments, corporate sponsors and tourism partners
- Contributing to a positive hotel culture and success of ongoing Service Promise & Our Leadership Promise training
- Establishes and monitors effective goals and measurements for the Food & Beverage division; exceeding expectations of all four pillars (colleagues, owners, guests and brand)
- Coordinates Ecosure & LQA action planning and improvement plan implementation; collaborating with other departments to improve year-over-year performance , ensuring a consistent delivery of luxury product and services
- Involved and active within hotel committees; plays an integral role in strategic sustainability planning; ensures environmental initiatives are adhered to, and new and innovative environmental opportunities are implemented
- Promotes health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and co-workers by having in-depth knowledge of the Hotel's crisis and emergency procedures; responsible for crisis management planning & execution within the Food & Beverage division; member of hotel crisis management team; understands and implements the corporate crisis communication procedures within the F&B division
- Networks with peers in the CWMR region & within our industry; reviews industry trends for new and innovative service and product opportunities
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts / AccorHotels policies, procedures and code of ethics; ensures Service Essentials and Brand Standards are in place and executed
- Participate actively in Jasper’s restaurant community, collaborate & develop relationships with important business partners and sponsors.
- Actively participate in JPL’s Sustainability Program / Planet 21 and determine specific action items.
- Direct and maintain the safety, repair, maintenance and sanitation ofboth front and heart of house operations per provincial health regulations & Ecosure standards.
- Work a flexible schedule that meets business demands, including weekends and holidays.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality at all times on all matters pertaining to management, staff and guest related matters.
- Support all Fairmont brand and AccorHotels initiatives.
- Provide leadership and participation in relevant hotel & community events.
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel and guest vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager or senior hotel leadership.
- Previous Food & Beverage experience in a senior leadership role with broad operational knowledge required
- Previous luxury hotel / resort experience preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Proven ability to analyze data and trends to create strategies for improvement
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest and colleague needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!