Director, HR Business Partners
Location: Toronto, ON
Reports To: Vice-President, Human Resource
SCOPE OF POSITION
As a member of the HR Leadership Team, the Director, HRBP contributes to the overall HR strategy by deeply understanding the human resource needs of all businesses and functions, and collaborating with Centers of Excellence (COEs) in the areas of Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition and Development, Labour Relations and Payroll, to ensure that HR objectives and programs are aligned with priorities.
We are intensely building the processes and programs that are required by a company of approximately 1400 employees that has grown quickly through acquisition. The Director, HRBP must ensure that members of the HRBP team support the implementation of new HR programs and the administration of established ones, including performance management, compensation, and employee and labor relations.
The Director, HRBP must also ensure that leaders are provided with strategic advice in the areas of talent management and development, change management, and organizational effectiveness and planning, to ensure that organization structures and talent deployment support the strategic direction of the businesses and functions.
- Strong advisory and collaboration skills demonstrated through significant experience on business or site leadership teams
- Experience leading transformation initiatives that required significant organizational change
- Acting to support the human factor in the company by devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development etc.
- Significant leadership experience; seen as a leader within HR and in the broader organization
- Highly effective communication skills; able to build relationships with senior partners and stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of HR best practices; innovative yet practical approach
- Knowledge of US and Canadian local, state/providence, federal regulations and laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- Minimum of 10 years progressive human resources experience, with significant exposure to manufacturing
- HR Business Partner experience
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human/talent element
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of US state law an asset
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Excellent problem solving and strong presentation skills are also required.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. We offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development. At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, paid vacation and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. Employee engagement is not just something we talk about at Chemtrade, but fulfilled through exciting programs like Employee Recognition and Rewards (CHEers!), and Chemtrade University.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction amongst employees within and throughout different departments and locations. We treat our employees with fairness and equity. We value diversity, recognize the benefits of an inclusive work environment and pride ourselves on our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.