Premier Group of Companies (Premier Marine/Premier Canada) is a leader in the Specialty Insurance industry. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Vancouver – Head Office
POSITION: Director (in training) of Claims
- As part of Premier’s succession plan, you will be training and collaborating with the ‘Director of Claims’ in all aspects of workflow / management / growth / development and handling of Premier’s Claims department (including all members of claims team),
- Ideal candidate will be supported and fully mentored into evolving into the ‘Director of Claims’ within 12 months of starting the position. This will allow the current ‘Director of Claims’ to phase into a consultant role.
In collaboration with current ‘Director of Claims’ responsibilities will include:
- Fully embracing Premiers ‘culture and model’ and assisting Premier’s Executive Team
- Handling of claims files of high complexity across all lines of Specialty Insurance
- Mentoring claims examiners in claims handling practices; assisting them with policy interpretation and coverage questions.
- Monitor employee performance, training and development needs. Work with employees to build development objectives to ensure the progressive development of employees and the achievement of current and future objectives; Assist with the onboarding and training of new claims team members;
- Work in conjunction with teams and supporting carriers; to foster a seamless referral environment;
- Effectively communicate and implement changes pertaining to workflows
- Ensure compliance with claims and corporate guidelines, standards and procedures by assisting in conducting regular audits of claims examiners;
- Ensure high-quality customer service is delivered to the policyholders and brokers;
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and maintain continual personal development in the areas of people management, leadership and claims handling;
- There may also be some travel to attend mediations and seminars across Canada and or US.
- All other related tasks.
- Minimum 10 years of claims experience, thorough understanding of property and casualty insurance industry
- Leadership – identify and seek opportunities for growth with both internal & external teams;
- Collaborative – appreciate the value of engaging others and listening to other opinions and advice. Support team through consistent and thoughtful mentorship;
- Self-motivated – embrace the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects
- Accountable – take responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making;
- Strong computer skills (including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in insurance related discipline
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or higher
Founded in 1989, Premier Group is Head quartered in Vancouver, with branch locations in Toronto, London, Cambridge, Laval, San Diego, Maryland and a subsidiary company with offices in Seattle and Santa Rosa. With over 160 employees, Premier Group of Companies includes Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and the various specialty insurance products we offer - www.premiergroup.ca
When you join Premier, you launch a career. We work with you to develop your skills and talents to their fullest potential, exposing you to a broad range of assignments and continuous learning opportunities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
We offer you a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional medical, dental, and vision care; life insurance; etc.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to email@example.com . We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.