We are looking for a new Director, Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Community Flow– Richmond Community of Care (COC), reporting to the Vice President, Vancouver-Richmond Community
As Director, you will provide the overall operational management and strategic direction for Long Term Care, Assisted Living and the Community Flow programs within the Richmond COC. You will be accountable for the overall operational management and strategic direction for all designated clinical areas. Working as a team player with colleagues and co‐workers, you will work to identify service delivery models and processes that will foster partnerships and establish systems that facilitate optimal service delivery and prioritize client and family priorities. In doing so, you will also lead a strategy aimed to reduce service gaps, ensure continuity of care, project future needs and recommend and implement new initiatives, programs and services.
Who we are:
As one of British Columbia's six regional health authorities, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. Dedicated to delivering the highest quality services, we are fully committed to supporting healthy lives with the robust resources of 13 hospitals, a number of community health centres, 2,500 physicians, more than 13,500 full time staff, and over $3 billion in funding.
But that's only part our story. VCH is about something bigger; we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" – on everything from new surgical techniques to funding models – when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We are proud to hold best-in-class awards in everything from research, surgical care and infection control, to harm reduction, community care, communications and community engagement. At our core, we are people-focused with an entrepreneurial spirit that runs deep, where opportunity exists for those with a passion to transform health.
- The chance to work with our inspiring and skilled health care teams
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Vancouver consistently ranks high as one of the most "liveable" cities
- Supportive leadership & organizational integrity
- A positive, productive, & reputable organizational culture
- Work-life balance
- Professional development
- An organization with advanced clinical technology & state-of-the-art facilities
- One of Canada’s top funded & innovative research institutes
- A “People First” commitment to both staff & clients
Who you are:
- A lifelong learner: you have a Master’s degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or related master’s degree.
- A Strong leader: you inspire confidence, and bring strong operational leadership skills. And a demonstrated ability to create a values based culture of excellence.
- A strategic thinker: you are a “systems thinker” with the intellectual depth and experience to lead and influence change throughout a complex portfolio. Ensures that the mindset of moving a patient through the continuum of care is clear throughout various stakeholder groups.
- A relationship builder: you are able to foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders to share knowledge, monitor trends, identify of opportunities to promote innovation, explore and partner for improvement, and ensure consistent delivery of quality services throughout VCH.
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to see your resume. Apply now!
Questions? Feel free to reach out to one of the members of our team – Donna Sangster– email@example.com