We are building something new at Hillberg & Berk! We’re led by our purpose and fueled by our beautiful & unique jewellery. We’re building a next-gen experiential retail brand, and plan to bring it to the world. Our vision is a new form of female-driven conscious capitalism.
With your global-mindset, your fashion-oriented aesthetic, and your experience leading marketing for modern consumer-oriented brands, you are the perfect fit for Hillberg & Berk, and for this role! You believe in our purpose, and you know that we will only achieve our dreams via proactive and committed hard work.
Working with a team of talented and values-aligned professionals, the Director of Marketing provides strategic leadership for, and day-to-day management of, the development and execution of Hillberg & Berk’s brand, marketing, promotional strategies and campaigns. Working cross-functionally and collaboratively, the Director of Marketing will ensure Hillberg & Berk campaigns, marketing activities, and market research efforts are client-centric and contribute to the development of brand equity, profitable growth, and consumer engagement while achieving our strategic goals.
Marketing, Branding, and Retail Strategy
- Be a brand evangelist, and manage adherence to brand guidelines!
- Lead the marketing team with a combination of commercial and creative acumen to develop best-in-class campaigns which drive new and repeat traffic and conversion.
- Lead the business to develop experiential retail and branded concepts that bring Hillberg & Berk to life, delivering best-in-class customer experience at all branded touchpoints.
- Lead the business to understand our tribe, and to build a community with deep ties centered around Hillberg & Berk.
- Manage our campaign and communication plans, strategically working with product, design, and commercial leaders to build rock-solid annual marketing plans.
- Lead the cost-effective execution of all communication, marketing, and promotional initiatives. Support the team to develop timelines and manage deliverables.
- Direct the creation and implementation of policies, guidelines, and processes for the team as we scale.
- Manage our external PR agencies to achieve annual objectives and support our strategic objectives.
- Provide leadership to the creative and campaign teams as they execute exceptional retail marketing and purpose-oriented campaigns.
- Lead advertising optimization to get the best ROI on invested retail marketing dollars.
- Manage strategic partnerships and donation requests.
Data & Analytics
- Know and deepen our understanding of our aspirational consumer. Help uncover her ‘jobs to be done’, and align the business around her.
- Manage the insights portion of the go-to-market process, identifying trends, reviewing research, facilitating ideation and the creation of corresponding marketing materials.
- Lead with an eye to marketing KPIs and metrics, evaluating success and applying learnings.
Leadership / Financial
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team at Hillberg & Berk, provide inspirational leadership that generates great communication and collaboration across the organization.
- Encourage open-mindedness and bold thinking, generating new ideas that enhance the organization and the department.
- Provide mentorship, coaching and development opportunities to enhance the marketing team’s performance, and to enable direct reports to achieve their potential.
- Communicate clear performance standards to direct reports that are aligned with strategic goals, building a performance-driven and human-driven culture.
- Manage the annual marketing budget and provide three-year strategic vision.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUESTED
- Post-secondary degree (preferably with a marketing specialization).
- 6-10 years of experience delivering exceptional consumer-oriented marketing.
- At least 3 years of management experience leading and growing a digitally-savvy retail marketing team.
- A proven track-record building and scaling a direct-to-consumer brand, with ownership of the brand function (preferably in the jewellery or fashion industries).
- Experience leading consumer insights work, and building campaigns, communications, and content that align to actual and target consumers.
- Experience leading creative and campaign teams to develop brand-right, best-in-class marketing assets.
- Experience leading, negotiating, and optimizing third-party relationships.
At Hillberg and Berk, we offer incentives like competitive salary, benefits, as well as discounts on jewellery and fitness partnerships. You’ll be empowered to own your career and be a part of a growing, dynamic and evolving company.
* this position will remain open until filled *