About Metta Lifestyles:
We are nurses, Personal Support Workers and housekeepers. We are chefs, maintenance technicians and administrators. We are dedicated employees across Ontario working collaboratively towards making the lives of our senior residents better each day they are in our care and part of our communities.
Metta Lifestyles is a rapidly growing Canadian company committed to building and sustaining first class retirement communities with lifestyle options including Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. We are dedicated professionals with a sincere passion for providing enriching experiences and personalized care and support for residents. At Metta Lifestyles, we continuously strive to deliver the highest standards of resident care in the retirement industry and each of our employees is committed to making the day of a senior a little bit better.
At Metta Lifestyles we embrace inclusivity and promote an open environment where ideas are continuously exchanged and employees and residents are encouraged to share knowledge and ideas. As a young and diverse leadership team, we are dynamic, agile and have a sincere passion for the industry. Come Celebrate Life With Us!
- Become part of an exciting, dynamic and growing company where your talent makes an impact;
- Make a difference in the world of our residents each and every day;
- Be rewarded for your contributions;
- Join a growing team in a distinct and unique retirement community setting.
The DOC is responsible for delivering the highest quality of care to our residents by providing leadership to the care teams and ensuring all care initiatives/programs meet organizational, regulatory and provincial standards while working within relevant legislation and applicable governing bodies. Working alongside the care team, the DOC will provide resident care by assessing, planning, developing and facilitating the implementation of care needs for residents.
Major roles and responsibilities:
- Lead the strategic planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all care-related programs and initiatives to residents;
- Resolve issues or concerns with prompt, effective and sound judgement whilst ensuring compliance and evaluating outcomes with care teams when applicable;
- Lead company initiatives related to regulatory compliance and resident health initiatives;
- Foster a collaborative relationship with community agencies, physicians, healthcare facilities and other community stakeholder;
- Participate in decision-making related to staff and resident health and safety;
- Contribute to maintaining a positive work environment where the free flow of ideas is respected and information sharing is promoted to ensure the welfare of residents and employees is prioritized;
- Effectively supervise care teams; conduct regular performance reviews; assist in staff development and coaching as necessary to ensure effective management of care department;
- demonstrate progressive leadership and hands-on approach to monitoring and evaluating resident care;
- Maintain Metta Lifestyles’ high standards of superior customer service while building and maintaining strong relationships with the local community, current and prospective residents;
- Provide on-call support;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with active registration as a Registered Nurse;
- 5 years+ in a senior management role within the Seniors Housing, Retirement or Healthcare Industry;
- Proven leadership, clinical judgement and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team members
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate well with residents, their families, staff and community stakeholders;
- Experience in Dementia Care;
- English, French speaking is an asset.
- We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to meet challenging deadlines when required; a willingness to work flexible hours and the occasional evening and weekend to cover events. We offer a competitive compensation package; benefits, and great work, life balance. Apply to join us now!
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Metta Lifestyles is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
We will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to employment equity for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.