Do you have a passion for making a difference?
At The Teddington, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
At The Teddington, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values at Tillsonburg Retirement follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Since The Teddington opened, we have offered a community within a community that people were happy to call ‘home’. We pride ourselves in this community connection, our philosophies and the feeling of comfort that can be felt as soon as the door opens.
Responsibilities of the Director of Community Relations at The Teddington
The Director of Community Relations is responsible for driving sales in the community based on a clinical perspective and supporting the Executive Director. For this position, you must be a registered member of the College of Nurses in good standing.
Essential Duties are the technical skills and knowledge that an employee requires in order to perform their role. Below is detailed information on required Essential Duties for your position.
- Leverage Lifetimes Living’s consultative clinical sales process to help seniors and adult children make informed decisions when choosing a retirement residence where they can get the care they need,
- Assist the Executive Director in pre-admission assessments as needed,
- Work with hospital partners and medical professionals to establish relationships that could lead to future referrals
- Drive occupancy levels and meet or exceed established sales targets,
- Manage telephone inquiries and convert to personal visit bookings,
- Conduct personal visits, follow up on leads, close sales through lease signings,
- Track sales activity in our Customer Relationship System (CRS) database and analyze reports to identify sales trends specific to the community and residence.
- Drive referrals and traffic,
- Create, retain and grow a portfolio of strategic networking partnerships with the local healthcare community and within the community at large: build a qualified lead database
- Develop, promote, and implement marketing plans and social events
- Monitor expenditures of funds allocated to the marketing budget.
At The Teddington we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at The Teddington are as follows:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Current Registration with the CNO in good standing without restrictions
- Knowledge of the surrounding area and communities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective listening skills
- Valid provincial driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Familiar with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Sales.
- Experience in the seniors housing or hospitality industries would be ideal but is not mandatory.