We are currently seeking aDirector of Customer Supportto join ourCustomer Success team inBurnaby, BC.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leadingcloud-based practice management platform, ourlegal client relationship management (CRM),our ground-breakingLegal Trends Reportor our ever-popularClio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 350 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one ofCIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one ofCanada’s Top Small & Medium Employersforthree years in a row, and has one ofCanada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awardedTech Culture of the Yearand one ofCanada's Best Managed Companiesin 2019.
Reporting to the VP Customer Success, the Director of Customer Support will be responsible for providing a truly effortless experience to Clio customers. Built up of a group of passionate and smart people, our Support and Technical Escalations teams are beyond what you find in traditional functions. We offer our customers critical coaching and information to help them become more successful in the use of our product - enabling them to gain true value for money.
This team is energetic and fun, and while our number one goal is to provide an effortless customer experience (fast, high-quality answers to any question), we are also hyper-focused on ensuring and growing customer health. Our team members are smart, engaged and fun. We are looking to create a unique contact centre culture built on empowerment and accountability where we hire great people and get out of their way.
Clio’s number one value is #customersuccessfirst, what this means is that we have a duty to ensure our customers' friction points within our product are understood across the company and acted upon. Beyond ensuring FRs and Bugs are managed in the correct manner (which is also true), we are a KCS (Knowledge Centered Service) shop and are in the process of building a comprehensive VoC (Voice of the Customer) program.
Who you are:
We are looking for a team player to take our Support offering to the next level: operational excellence, true teamwork, and a vision for the future. Your goal will be to make a large positive dent in our objective to create customers for life.
You will need to be highly organized, output-driven, a proven leader, comfortable thinking outside of the box, not afraid of trying new things, and willing to roll up your sleeves to make a lasting impact to our customers and our business.
You are versed in the world of call reduction techniques, not necessarily driven by cost control. You come from the perspective of getting answers closer to our customers, making Clio as effortless as possible and truly engaging with Product to ensure we are reducing customer friction. You think like a founder to make a true and deep impact to the customers and business.
You are a highly driven builder, a coach, and someone who will work closely with this great team to create something that the broader Support industry will look at and ask ‘how did they do that?!’
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and coach through the Clio Company Vision, Mission, and Core Values; uphold the culture by incorporating this into the daily business operations
- Alongside the VP, build out the next generation of the Customer Support team; a team that we are proud of
- Set the vision, strategy, roadmap, and goals for success for the Customer Support & Technical Escalations teams
- Oversee growth, service levels and productivity of department members through determining appropriate training, coaching, quality assurance, and developing individual performance
- Use a data enabled approach to inform coaching decisions and actions on both a team and individual level
- Analyze call center metrics and other performance indicators and delivers strategies to improve service levels
- Act as the ultimate escalation point for customer inquiries
- Continuously gather feedback from team members and deliver on internal changes and improvements
- Own all aspects of leading a team (managing time off, communications, scheduling conflicts, etc)
- Ensure the health and evolution of our KCS program
- Proactively plan your team’s headcount in alignment with company recommendation to achieve your objectives
- Own the CES and NPS closed loops to ensure customers feedback is understood and opportunities are acted upon
- Manage customer refunds acting as escalation point as required
- Inspiring and driving a large team to deliver excellence every day
- Proactively recruit a diverse team and execute on overseeing the full hiring process from interviews to offer letter, and onboarding
What you should have:
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience inc 2+ years as a manager of managers
- 8+ years Customer Support/Service/Success experience
- Experience working closely with Sales organizations
- Experience working in a SaaS company
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with using Zendesk and Salesforce.com
- Previous experience in a high growth environment
Why would you want to work here:
We offer a great compensation package, 3 weeks vacation, a fun work environment, a great benefits plan, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. We are looking for owl-drawers and team builders—people who work hard and play for keeps. We hire the brightest, most driven people in tech, and boast alumni from Google, Salesforce, Facebook, Amazon and LinkedIn on our team. Come and join them!
Need more reasons? Here are some things that make us awesome:
- We’ll invest in your learning and development through innovative leadership development programming, an internal coaching program, and tuition and book reimbursements.
- We provide an RRSP matching program, a highly competitive parental leave program, and an RESP contribution program to help you plan for you and your little one’s’ future.
- We have weekly onsite yoga, bootcamp, and RMT massage (and a gym and shower on hand if things get too sweaty), games nights (old school and new school Street Fighter, board games, and more!), a table tennis (ping pong) room and a lot of really good players and even a beach volleyball league (on-premise) during the summer;
- We provide healthy snacks (and unhealthy ones) when you need to refuel.
- We have beer and wine on tap, catered lunch on Fridays, a nap room, and a bunch of puppies when you need to unwind (that’s right—we’re dog friendly).
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.