DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
Our client is a leader is automotive industry, looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic leader that shares their vision and desire for success. Their ideal candidate will be looking for a challenging role, have a great attitude, exceptional leadership skills, ability to generate profit and desire to elevate the business. They offer competitive compensation, benefits package, vehicle purchase incentives, and a great working atmosphere.
A very competitive compensation package including an excellent benefits package.
Our client is searching for an Engineering Manager to join their team. The Engineering Manager will oversee engineering teams for various types of projects in structural, mechanical, civil or electrical engineering. They work closely with architects, engineers, drafting personnel and other professionals. The successful candidate loves to work with their hands and translate blueprint drawings into completed structures.
- Hire and train engineering staff. Conduct interviews, complete job reviews and act as mentors for engineers. Set and review professional development goals for engineers.
- Create designs for new engineering projects. Working closely with architects, draftsmen, and research and development teams to develop building structures, roadways, bridges, production machinery or electrical systems.
- Develop project schedule and budget. Complete cost estimation reports, assemble engineering teams, and assign tasks, set deadlines and order materials.
- Review all documentation associated with engineering projects; from technical drawings to manuals. Complete mechanical analysis reports, review contract documents, and submit necessary permit applications.
- Frequent visits to job sites to check progress of engineering projects. Meet with lead engineers to discuss issues and work progression, ensure projects are meeting specifications, and revise schedules or deadlines when necessary. Ensure employees are working according to company policy and state and federal regulations.
- Project Management: Familiar with all aspects and stages of project management, such as: budgeting, cost estimating, scheduling and team assembly.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills when collaborating with engineers, architects, vendors and other professionals on a daily basis.
- Mechanical Skills: From operating tools to deciphering blueprints; must display strong mechanical and electrical skills.
- Problem-Solving: Continuously assessing worksit4es and project progression and addressing any issues that arise.
- Time Management: Ability to set and meet deadlines for project completion an asset.
- Organization Skills: Maintain schedules and budgets and track progress of multiple projects.
- Math Skills: Above-average math skills necessary to create budgets, make necessary measurements and calculate amount and cost of needed materials.
Bachelor's Degree and/or P.Eng an asset.
Deborah Milo, Managing Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Deborah Milo: http://stoakley.com/meet-deborah-milo/
October 2, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Events
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance