Director of Engineering & Maintenance
The Transportation and Logistics division of JD Irving, Inc. is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors (www.jdirving.com). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future through our business digitization initiatives.
We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Our division is currently seeking a Director of Engineering & Maintenance for NBM Railways located in Saint John, N.B. Our railway operation is comprised of three short line railways offering complete logistics and transportation solutions.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Engineering & Maintenance is a key senior member of the leadership team responsible for growing and leading the Rail transport & mechanical business in Canada and North Eastern US. The successful candidate will have a track record of effective leadership, commercial success, technical aptitude, continuous improvement / optimization, safe operations, and teamwork.
- Contributing to the success of NBM Railways as a key senior member of the management team leading the mechanical maintenance & engineering teams
- Responsible for managing and meeting performance targets and initiatives, building teamwork, and overall leadership for this group.
- Lead in the areas of operational excellence, customer service, continuous improvement/optimization & safe operations.
- Analysis and management of various aspects of operations including forecasting costs for maintenance, fuel consumption, labour & project work
- Manage strategic planning, business planning and the budgeting process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related engineering field with a professional designation
- MBA would be an asset
- 5-10 years of senior leadership experience. Project management experience would be an asset
- Strong leadership skills and behaviors with an emphasis on efficient operations and quality work.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills with a proven track record of managing deadlines and priorities in a result driven environment
- The ability to develop, motivate, and foster positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the power of data & data analytics and experience in a data driven environment
Please apply online for this career opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
New Brunswick Southern Railway Company Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Travel Percentage: 25%