We are looking for a Director of Nursing/Care to join a home care service company who provide highly personalized care for their clients. You will be managing a team of highly experienced, dedicated, and compassionate Nurses and Personal Support Worker’s to provide high-quality and considerate care to people in their own homes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Director of Nursing / Director of Care or Nurse Manager looking to make the next step in their career.
- Manage all requirements for designations related to LAS staff: Personal Support Worker, Home Support Worker and/or Health Care Aide’s. This included monitoring hours worked, schedules, monitoring services offered, and to discipline and discharge staff where necessary
- Support, manage and supervise staff relative to available personnel, hours worked, and range of services offered by Living Assistance Services
- To liaise as necessary with medical personnel, social workers, Community Care Access Centers, physiotherapists, case managers, trust officers, discharge planners etc. to ensure the well-being and seamless intake of care recipients/clients
- Manage operational methods, standards, pricing, and customer needs
- Utilize and manage referrals - 25% of the clients come from referrals so this is an important part of your role
- Maintain correct and up to date records of any communication with clients, care recipients and caregivers
- Take an active role in hiring processes; interviewing candidates and reviewing profiles to ensure the very best team is brought on board
- Provide assessments or assistance to recipients as requested by physicians, families or as the Director may request
- Supervise and perform unscheduled home visits to all clients and report accurately on these visits
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary range + benefits
- Company car (travel is required around GTA) and free parking on-site when the team return to the office
- Work with a passionate and genuinely caring team in a company with over 20 years of experience in providing expert senior home care
- You must be well experienced in the care of senior clients, with at least 5 years of direct nursing experience required
- You'll need to have at least 3 years of management experience and possess the ability and confidence to manage a large team
- You'll need to have a real passion for care, and to love what you do!
- Able to travel - this role is remote-based currently, however once covid restrictions lift you'll need to travel across the GTA for client visits (company car provided)
- Excellent communication skills - you'll be liaising with internal and external stakeholders and you'll need to be clear, concise and approachable