As an award-winning business, The Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre is currently seeking a Director of Sales & Marketing to join our team.
What you can expect from us:
The Sun Peaks Grand culture encourages individual initiative combined with a collaborative approach to deliver the finest mountain resort experience for our guests. We value innovation and development that contributes both to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work, and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in resort and the summer and winter activities the mountain has to offer.
With a 17-year-old history, the Sun Peaks Grand is the flagship hotel in Sun Peaks, offering an unparalleled guest experience, enhanced by a significant room renovation in 2018. Building on its success to date, this year marks the start of a new growth phase for both the hotel, as well as the resort, under common ownership, and an exciting time for the right individual to join the team.
A sneak peek into some of the perks and benefits enjoyed by our Full-Time employees.
- Full access Winter/Summer Season Lift, Trail and Golf passes
- Dining discounts within our Hotel outlets
- Free access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program provided through Homewood Health
- Reciprocal programs with partnering hotels
- Friends and family hotel rates
- Continued professional growth and development opportunities
The Director of Sales & Marketing is a key member of the hotel leadership team, responsible for managing all sales operations and marketing initiatives, to achieve the overarching hotel goals and mission.
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering on company revenue targets by championing the brand and leading a high performance team to set a standard of excellence for all things brand-related.
This role offers the opportunity for a seasoned Sales and Marketing professional looking to make their next career step within the hospitality and travel industry, and is well suited to those with a passion for outdoor recreation and sports.
- Help drive the overall sales strategy for Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre through strategic planning, teamwork and tactical execution with main focus on the Conference, Tour, Wedding and Hotel markets
- Develop media buys – planning, budgeting, negotiating, evaluating
- Work closely with the Executive team to promote the brand with consistency, maintaining the portfolio and corporate identity
- Help drive database and email communications strategy
- Ensure quality and consistency, manage timelines, write creative briefs, proof and approve materials
- Support content and social media plans and execution
- Maintain key digital assets (photos and video)
- Measure and report the results of various campaigns and programs, and monitor guest sentiment, making informed recommendations to Leadership team
- Build and leverage relationships to open up opportunities for paid, owned, and earned media channels to broaden market appeal
- Contribute to external community engagement strategy, driving and participating in d sales, events and resort wide initiatives as required
- Contribute to overall digital and e-commerce strategy
- Manage vendor and third-party relationships; negotiations and contracts
- Oversee the sales team’s coordination of events, ensuring the guest experience drives customer loyalty by delivering an elevated experience
- Manage and coach the sales team (on property and remote team members), promoting a culture of high performance to deliver on the overall marketing and sales strategy
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar or related role
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Commerce, or related field of study
- Management and supervisory experience essential with strong overall business acumen
- Direct and detailed experience with digital and traditional marketing campaign development and execution, along with electronic communication management
- Website development and management experience
- Experience with databases/systems
- Results oriented with background in analytics and performance metrics monitoring
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic plans
- Excellent communication and copy writing skills in varied written and verbal mediums
- Effective leader, problem solver, and decision maker
- Relationship management background with industry stakeholders, vendors, agencies
- Thrive in a team environment and embrace collaboration across varied platforms
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of the Hotel & Resort product and current competitive environment
- A passion for outdoor recreation: Ski, snowboard, bike and golf all considered assets
- Holds a valid driver’s license