The Delta Brunswick, a premier hotel in Saint John, has accommodation above the Brunswick Square shopping complex and is connected by an indoor walkway to Market Square, the Saint John Trade and Convention Centre and the Saint John City Market. We are currently seeking an outgoing individual who is passionate about Sales and the hospitality industry. Candidates looking to join the Crescent Hotels & Resorts team must demonstrate previous experience, education, and personality suitable to the uniqueness of this property.
Responsible for the development and solicitation of business from all markets to ensure the necessary bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the solicitation efforts on behalf of the property through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel;
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports and Sales Meeting minutes;
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies; make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets;
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients, and internally promote Crescent programs;
- Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel;
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined;
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate;
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years' experience in hospitality sales, preferably in a hotel setting, and at least two years in the role of Director of Sales. Other requirements include:
- The ability to communicate well in English, both in writing and verbally;
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors;
- Extensive skills in the development and delivery of sales presentations;
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system;
- Professional appearance and manner;
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed