Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
The Director of Product Management for Tucows/Ting Mobile provides thought-leadership and leading product capability roadmaps for the most sophisticated projects that impact multiple areas within Ting Mobile. The Director works with a cross-functional team to resolve strategic feasibility and approach for supporting initiatives based upon industry standard methodologies, collaborating with various business partners. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about delivering products and services that are scalable, high quality and consistent with reusability in mind. This leader has validated expertise in improving efficiency, driving customer engagement, and maintaining technology and security controls. This role is a remote North American position. Upto to 15% travel may be required.
- Own key department relationships within Product Development, Technology and Frontline. Ensure all needs are being met and that open lines of communication between departments are maintained.
- Build, lead, multiply & mentor outstanding individuals for ground-breaking projects, capability enhancements, and unparalleled partnership
- Develop, coach and inspire; create and nurture career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives.
- Develop roadmaps, execution plans, high level solution designs and align development, test and deployment of future state technology capabilities across multiple organizations
- Collaborate with leaders to drive prioritization and solution delivery approach, spanning across technology groups to ensure design and delivery of a complete and concise solution that addresses both business and technology needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and expertise in the following: persuasion, meeting management, and oral presentations
- Proactively engage development & design teams to optimize the overall delivery process and its results.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process between a variety of internal teams as well as customer-facing teams, ensuring that products satisfy customers' needs and are highly adopted.
- Define and analyze metrics to understand the success of your products.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and multi-task with exceptional communication and presentation abilities.
- Experience leading teams using agile/scrum methodologies.
- Proven product management experience and successful execution
- 10+ years validated experience leading an innovative product team in a rapidly growing environment
- 10+ years leading, mentoring, motivating and growing a mature and results-oriented functional team; have strong history of developing people, both technically and individually.
- Drives innovation in the consumer services/products space. Experience leading and partnering with CX, UX and development teams.
- A customer advocate who sees things with a customer lens. Has produced simple solutions and outstanding experiences for consumers.
- Ability to recognize risks and opportunities impacting the business and their implications as well as communicate recommendations effectively to senior leaders in the organization
- Ground-breaking leader proven track record of changing and steering organizational culture including how teams operate and collaborate.
- Ability to think creatively about how our products can tackle business problems which have not been possible before
- Ability to influence both teams aligned to this role and large cross-functional teams, toward a common goal.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.