At Sofina Foods Company Our vision is compelling. Join us on our journey. Our people are a source of pride, strength and inspiration. We are guided by an entrepreneurial spirit and a disciplined approach to creating business opportunities.
Sofina Foods Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company headquartered in Markham, Ontario dedicated to providing great tasting, high quality food products for retail and foodservice. As one of the nation's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products, Sofina Foods has a broad portfolio of branded and private label pork, beef, turkey, and chicken products. Sofina's family of branded products consists of: Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fearmans Pork, Fletcher's, Vienna, Cuddy and Quality Meats. Sofina Foods currently operates 18 HACCP approved manufacturing facilities, three hatcheries and has over 4,700 employees.
Director, Quality Assurance - Poultry
Edmonton North Office
Reporting to the Vice President, Quality Assurance and Food Safety, the Director, Quality Assurance (Poultry) will, in collaboration with the VP Poultry Operations, guide direct and oversee the quality, food safety, regulatory requirements and compliance for all Sofina poultry production facilities in Western Canada. This includes but is not limited to harmonization of practices and standards, as well as effective implementation of best practices and regulatory compliance, inclusive of SFCR, USDA regulations, Animal Care at primary processing and GFSI program requirements. In addition, this role will be responsible for providing technical, scientific and regulatory support and guidance, to hatcheries.
- Assist local Sr. QA managers by providing leadership and expertize in the development, implementation and reassessment of Quality Assurance programs required to operate federally licensed establishments.
- Actively provide input relative to regulatory issues impacting: production, processing and animal welfare with a focus on measurable outcomes and utilization of best practices across like operations and the industry.
- Responsible for the quality, food safety and regulatory support for five (5) poultry production facilities, as well as providing technical expertise and support to the Mitchell turkey plant team. In addition ensure and enhance effective auditing and training in Animal Care, MPIP and other regulatory or Sofina-developed programs as well as harmonisation and validation of processes and practices as applicable.
- Integral in proposing, developing and owning short and long-term goals and objectives for the Poultry team which align with company business goals and regulatory changes.
- Maintaining current and high level knowledge of existing regulation, customer requirements (quality / food safety), GFSI requirements or industry standards, and maintaining clear sight and awareness of changes to the above to ensure effective and timely communication and implementation internally while minimizing negative impact to the operation of the business.
- Providing expert technical, regulatory and animal health to local - teams and hatcheries.
- Undergraduate degree (BSc.) in industry relevant field, Agriculture, Animal Science, Microbiology or Chemistry.
- 10 years of experience in quality, foods safety role in poultry processing industry, inclusive of egg hatching and poultry production. Minimum of 5 years at a management level.
- Expert level technical and regulatory knowledge in areas of poultry health, science of egg hatching and production, regulatory and animal care requirements related to poultry production.
- Demonstrated experience leading QA management teams, inclusive of managers at senior levels within the organisation.
Build your career, apply today!
Visit our “Career Growth Opportunities” on our website www.sofinafoods.com to apply for this exciting opportunity.