Bosch Rexroth is one of the world's leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries. As the Drive and Control company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries from Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering to Factory Automation.
You will find our drive and control technology in a wide variety of applications: From excavators and tractors to CNC woodworking and metal-cutting machines. You will find us in automotive factories, packaging systems for the food industry, medical devices and laboratories.
This permanent, full time position reports into the President and CEO of Bosch Rexroth, North America and is classified at a Director career band level in the organization. The role fits within the North American sales region and has a significant influence on defining the North America strategy and its implementation in Canada. This constitutes an overall responsibility for aligning the country’s sales and marketing activities for all customer market segments, including achievement of salesand profitability targets. This position defines short, medium and long-term business goals and policy to ensure effective key account management and growth objectives are achieved. Additionally, development of a highly competent, customer focused and engaged sales workforce is a key element of the role. Direct reports include senior regional sales and marketing management across the country in all provinces. The overall, focus is on strategic business development delivering high impact to the future sustainability of the Canadian organization.
As the Director, Regional Sales, you will be responsible for the following:
- Play a key role on the North American Strategy Team, representing Canada and involvement in defining Canada’s current and future business approach, and sustainability.
- Work in unity with sr. leadership and executive personnel within the Bosch Rexroth North America organization who serve as a partner to the success of Bosch Rexroth Canada.
- Provide overall responsibility for the national sales performance for all customer market segments in Canada, including profitability.
- Define short, medium and long-term business and sales financial goals and policy to ensure effective key account management and growth objectives are achieved, as established both through the business planning process and assigned personal achievement targets.
- Main focus area is on providing strategic business development that ensures future sustainability of the Canadian organization in multiple sites across Canada.
- Responsible for the allocation of human and financial resources that aim to attract and retain competent personnel in roles that support the sustainability and future growth of the business in Canada.
- Serve as a Director of the company in dealings with all key external and internal customers. As a Director Representative of Bosch Rexroth Canada, participate in various regional and global meetings to discuss topics related to global sales strategy and deployment.
- Take overall ownership of the Market & Territory Planning (MTP) process including the determination of final sales figures and targets. Ensure figures and targets are in alignment with North America and Global established targets.
- Communicate and effectively deploy final sales figures and targets so they are understood and accepted throughout the sales organization.
- Take responsibility for the effective deployment and compliance of corporate directives pertaining to sales and operational processes throughout Canada.
- Have direct responsibility of senior regional sales management personnel and ensure direction of sales strategy is understood and deployed by this team.
- Develop a highly competent, customer-focused and engaged sales workforce who performs as a best-in-class sales team with strong results orientation.
- Develop measures for profitability optimization through strategic customer portfolio management activities.
- Understand our Canadian market and competitive landscape by conducting a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis in order to develop strategies aimed to win market share.
- Identify and establish measurable sales and operational synergies between territories (provinces) in Canada and North America.
- Develop a national strategy to expand the number of indirect sales channel partners to augment direct business.
- Communicate and promote company strategic vision, plans, successes and opportunities to the sales workforce and support teams so that it is understood and accepted company-wide.
- Lead in a manner that seeks to build strong relationships with employees throughout the Canadian and North America organization that aims to provide direction, alignment and commitment.
- Deliver positive leadership in a manner that fosters a growth and leadership culture that promotes exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Lead the sales teams in a manner that promotes a commitment to achieving the highest quality standards within the philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Lead the sales teams and organization in adherence to the Bosch code of conduct in all business dealings.
- Overall regional sales and operational budget achievement in Canada
- Realization of key business objectives
- Creation and deployment of Canadian sales growth (short and long term) strategy
- Change management effectiveness
- Associate attraction, professional growth development and retention
- Customer satisfaction and retention
- Effective communication and relationship management
- Organizational succession planning of key talent
Candidates shall be chosen based upon the required skills below
- Education level required: College level Engineering based technical certification or related discipline
- 10+ years of relevant sales/marketing/engineering experience in industrial technologies
- 10+ years relevant experience working in a sales and manufacturing setting
- 10+ years as a people leader, preferably in a sales and manufacturing environment
- 10+ years of proven experience delivering high customer service
- Demonstrable 5+ years of experience in change management principles and proven success
- Ability to apply coaching methodology across functional teams
- Extensive experience and aptitude for automation and hydraulics products and services
- International experience in a sr. management position with a global organization is preferred
Language Required: English
- Ability to travel 25% of the time throughout Canada, US and internationally
Primary work location: 490 Prince Charles Dr. South, Welland, Ontario, CANADA L3B 5X7
Other work location:3426 Mainway, Burlington, Ontario, CANADA L7M 1A8
Compensation: This position offers a competitive base salary of $160,000 – 180,000 CAN and is eligible to participate in an annual variable pay program with a potential target achievement. Salary may be increased owing to merit increase and bonuses may apply. This position offers comprehensive health and benefits coverage (health, dental, vision, out of country emergency travel, short-term and long-term disability, life and dependent life insurance, Employee and Family Assistance) and eligibility for participation in the Company’s pension plan, where there is a 100% contribution match by the employer.
Interested and qualified applicants can apply by sending their cover letter and resume to Charlotte Butko at fixed-term.Charlotte.Butko@boschrexroth.ca
General contact information: Charlotte Butko at (905) 359-5014
Comprehensive health and benefits coverage, Annual Variable Pay Programs, Bonuses