DIRECTOR, RISK MANAGEMENT – INSURANCE
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 16,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Director, Risk Management – Insurance. This leadership role, reporting to the Vice President, Administration is responsible for managing the Company’s Property Loss Control Program and the related Insurance Program.
As the successful candidate you hold a university degree, preferably in engineering, have strong leadership skills, a minimum of ten years of risk management and insurance experience, and preferably a CRM designation. You are able to work across multiple lines of business and build strong relationships. Bilingualism is considered an asset.
- Participate in the renewal of insurance policies, primarily for property insurance, to achieve best terms and pricing, and ensuring adequate coverage of company exposure
- Assisting facility management in maintaining well protected operations and identifying cost effective risk improvement opportunities including exposures identified during the annual visit of manufacturing operations with insurers
- Identifying & evaluating new exposures to the company, including recommendations related to how to effectively manage these exposures
- Working with corporate engineering to ensure new projects are built to highly protected risk standard.
- Reviewing procurement, service and project contracts and leases to ensure proper allocation of risk and that insurance obligations support the risk allocation. Assist legal with the review of insurance clauses in bids, contracts and leases and recommend changes in line with existing insurance program.
- Compiling information on claims and negotiating settlement with insurers.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.