Disability Case Manager II
Absence Management Solutions
Prince Edward Island Region
Absence Management Solutions
Employees can be absent from work for a variety of reasons: casual absence, work-related illness and/or injury, or health issues requiring the employee to be away from the work place for an extended period. Our absence management program helps employers strategically manage those absences- focusing on reducing overall costs, realizing administrative efficiency, and enhancing support for employees. All with the goal of returning employees to health and productivity.
Reporting to the Manager of Disability Management, you are responsible for assisting employees on behalf of the employer when the employee is off work or at risk of being off work for health reasons. The case manager assess any barriers to a successful and timely return-to-work and engages with stakeholders to implement strategies to address those identified barriers and support return to work or an appropriate alternative plan.
• Conduct case assessments, contacting the employee and their direct manager by telephone to explain the disability management process and gather information for assessment purposes.
• Develop and document an understanding of the situation and the factors supporting as well as inhibiting a successful return to work for the employee.
• Provide any of the following interventions: more in-depth assessment, medical management interventions, initiation and coordination of occupational and/or psychological interventions, utilization of specialized resources or consultations etc.
• Determine an appropriate RTW goal with the employee and the employer, provide active support for the return-to work planning process between the employee and their supervisor and intervene when necessary.
• Communicate proactively with the employer’s HR representative regarding any case management issues that may impact the workplace and RTW planning.
• Manage the transition to LTD and provide medical and summary case management information to the LTD insurer to ensure a seamless transition.
• Attend Case Management and Disability Management department team meetings.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned.
•The ideal candidate has 3 – 7 years’ comprehensive experience in Disability Case Management or combination of experience and specialized education.
•You have a registered professional status within the disability management or professional health sector along with additional course work in occupational health, rehabilitation, legislation related to disability management, helping relationship skills, mediation, human resource management, disability insurance, psychological and workplace factors in disability would be an asset.
•You have strong interpersonal and helping skills along with superior assessment and problem solving skills.