As we continue to grow our business, Disability Management Offices have an ongoing recruitment need to meet our service level agreements. If you are an experienced case manager or have an interest in disability management, and enjoy working in a team environment we encourage you to consider applying for our Future Opportunities.
Are you looking for an environment where integrity, partnership, excellence and constant improvement are at the heart of your everyday life? We believe in working collaboratively in a team environment to share our knowledge with one another and to coach and mentor our employees to support our customers.
In our organization the Case Manager will be an integral member of a client service team proactively managing assigned disability claims by evaluating medical information and job duties, developing case management and return to employment plans during periods of disability. The Case Manager is also responsible for delivering timely, professional and responsive service to our clients and their employees.
We offer an extensive training program to provide you all the necessary tools to be successful in this position. By joining our Disability Insurance Management team, you will evolve in an environment where these values are present and you will also benefit from many advantages, such as:
- 37.5 hours per week with a flexible schedule-ability to work from home 2 days/week
- Paid Training
- Paid Personal Days
- Excellent benefits and wellness spending plan
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Vacation
- Share Ownership Program
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Bonus structure
- Education Reimbursement $2,000 (annually)
- Career Opportunity Advancement
- Our Disability Management offices are centrally located with easy access to public transportation.
- Responsible for the proactive management of assigned disability claims (STD, LTD and Life Waiver) by determining the length of disability through an evaluation of medical information and job duties
- Evaluate the extent of the disability by interviewing or writing to the applicant, the employer, physicians and other medical service providers, and manage the disability file by continuously evaluating all additional medical information;
- Write letters to inform all affected parties of decisions regarding disability cases;
- Implement return-to-work programs and negotiate with the employer;
- Evaluate health care coordination programs and rehabilitation programs to ensure they have positive effects;
- Adhere to service level agreements associated with policy holder claims;
- Respond to all telephone inquiries made by the applicant, physicians, lawyers, regarding the assessment of the claims.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Holds a bachelor's degree or college diploma in an appropriate discipline and/or the equivalent relevant professional experience;
- Excellent Listening skills
- Delivery of timely, professional and responsive service to clients and their employees.
- Strong planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Analytical and demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and make decisions, at times with limited information;
- Ability to work with ambiguity to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong professional communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Strong interest in customer service and interaction with policy holders;
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to work with multiple stakeholders to resolve a claim;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Knowledge of the medical field (asset)
- Experience in dealing with Mental Health Claims (asset)
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted