Disability Case Manager – BC Based Remote opportunity - Full time
With over 20 years of experience Lifemark's workplace health and wellness services include a range of occupational health services, workplace wellness services, and employee injury and case management solutions designed to keep employees moving back to a better work life. We offer a full suite of disability management solutions that are appropriately customized to ensure that outcomes are consistent with employers’ corporate vision, mission and values.
Lifemark’s BC Disability Management Services department is growing and has an immediate opening for a full-time Disability Case Manager / RTW Coordinator, located out of our Surrey office, however this is a remote opportunity. As a Case Manager you will be responsible for disability case management and coordination of matters related to both occupational and non-occupational illness and/or injury. As part of your role you will be working closely with employees, employers, union representatives and medical professionals in order to obtain and review objective functional details in order to implement a successful and sustainable return to work plan. The Case Manager will develop relationships with involved parties and provide expert advice to customers on a daily basis. Flexibility to work from home, however in-office attendance will be required for meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement sound disability case management strategies with a focus on recovery and return to work
- Review accommodation requests and implement return to work plans
- Review accommodation requests for stay at work efforts
- Responsible for disability management communications both verbally and in written correspondence to all stakeholders involved
- Adjudication of Salary Continuance Services (SCS) claims as required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years Disability Case Management experience
- Experience working with a carrier or other third party provider pertaining to disability files
- Experience with occupational disability files
- Experience adjudicating mental health and physical disability files
- Excellent documentation and time management skills, in being able to meet/exceed the required turn-around times
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with clients
- Must be detail oriented and an analytical thinker
- Strong organization abilities is essential in order to achieve the service KPIs
- Demonstrated excellence in the decision-making process especially when under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related office equipment and computer programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Punjabi and/or Hindi would be an asset)
Minimum of a professional designation in a health related discipline such as Kinesiology, Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy, Occupational Health Nursing and/or Disability Management certification
NIDMAR or other related professional designations such a RRP or CVRP would be an asset