Our dynamic North York insurance client is seeking a Disability Case Manager to proactively and effectively adjudicate a portfolio of short and long term disability claims.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- analyzing all relevant information to determine company obligations such as: contract provisions, medical proof, non-medical factors, government programs, legislation, internal policies and procedures etc.
- contacting all the agents involved in a given file to obtain all relevant information and providing them with the decisions and action plans related to settlement requests
- making appropriate and careful selection and use of internal and external interventions (cases referred to company consulting physicians, the supervisor, a rehabilitation firm, a medical expert, a residual capacities evaluation firm, an investigation firm, a reinsurer, etc.)
- interacting with external agents so that they respect the objectives and budgets provided and make sure the intervention is progressing well
- developing and implementing interventions that reduce the duration of disabilities
The successful candidate will have: a minimum of two years of experience in disability claims adjudication and management within an insurance company; a strong knowledge of insurance contracts; outstanding communications skills (oral & written); excellent analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills; a strong ability to adapt to change and quickly integrate new knowledge; an ability to work well under pressure and manage priorities as well as a willingness to collaborate in reaching common objectives.