Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Place Ville Marie
Position type : Salaried
The Dispatcher, Security will be responsible for treating requests and operating security-related and fire prevention systems within the framework of the operations of Place Ville Marie in accordance with established procedures.
- Monitor alarms for various systems; assign the required resources in response to alarms; answer internal and external calls; coordinate operations with various emergency services, as required;
- Address all queries related to security and fire prevention and coordinate the required resources, in keeping with applicable guidelines and procedures;
- Operate the various emergency and surveillance systems used by the property. Monitor systems and facilities available to and overseen by him or her; ensure that operations, supply activities and repairs are carried out effectively in conjunction with the corresponding providers;
- Ensure established radio communications procedures and protocols are met. Administer and update various documents provided to the security department;
- Oversee permits for hot work and service interruptions in the fire prevention.
- Possess an attestation of collegial studies (AEC) in industrial/commercial safety or equivalent or higher level of education;
- Possess an agent licence in the category electronic security systems issued by the Bureau of Private Security of Québec or meet all necessary requirements in obtaining it;
- Attended successfully at least 16 hours of fire prevention training;
- One year of experience in a supervisory capacity or two years of experience as a security guard in a similar environment;
- Excellent written and spoken French; working knowledge of spoken English;
- Solid negotiating, analytical, integrative, leadership and organizational skills; self-sufficient, resourceful, disciplined, people-oriented and dynamic;
- Ability to work under intense pressure and manage several tasks at once.
* Working schedule: 40 hours/week, day and night rotation. On duty one weekend out of two.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.