Axelar is a venture-backed blockchain start-up. It was founded by Sergey Gorbunov (Assis. Prof @uWaterloo; Ph.D. MIT) and Georgios Vlachos (M.Eng., MIT; Int. Math Olympiad Gold Medalist). Previously, they were on the founding team at Algorand where they headed cryptography and mathematics groups, respectively, and worked on the design and development of the core consensus and platform.
Our team published in dozens of prestigious venues across cryptography, math, and distributed systems.
We are excited about the potential of blockchain networks and the opportunity they create to democratize and improve the financial system. You will be joining the founding team and help shape the project’s vision and technology.
- Experience with Go (our primary language). Good to have: Rust, C/C++, scripting.
- Experience designing and building distributed systems/protocols.
- Understanding of networking and consensus protocols.
- Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of performance/scalability monitoring tools.
- Big plus: experience with Byzantine consensus protocols (e.g., Tendermint)
- Good to have: experience launching, maintaining and modifying nodes: e.g., Cosmos, Polkadot, Ethereum, Bitcoin.
Team is located in Toronto/Waterloo region, but we are remote friendly.
- Remote friendly
- Equity options
- Health insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
Contact email: You may reach out or send your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org