We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
National Tire Distributors is Canada's leading Tire Distribution Company. A key element of our success has always been our people. As part of our team philosophy, we coach, support and help develop all of our employees to become the best they can be! If you're looking for a career that will challenge you, a job that will offer growth, and a progressive employer, then National Tire Distributors Inc. (NTD) is the right place for you!
This position is responsible for overseeing Center personnel management and development for warehouse and delivery departments. The incumbent will input, implement, and manage all operational SOPs as well as being responsible for the shipping, receiving, order picking and storage of all products within the assigned warehouse in a timely and accurate manner. Support, coach, and direct warehouse staff including Shipping Coordinator, Warehouse Administrator, Afternoon Shift Supervisor and Warehouse Associates, ensuring all tasks are completed accurately on a daily basis, conduct daily staff meetings, effectively communicating the team’s goals, objectives, and areas of improvement, responsible for the shipping, receiving, picking, and storage of all products within the warehouse in a timely and accurate manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As directed, oversee Distribution Center personnel management and development for warehouse and delivery departments, including:
- Recruitment and selection
- Disciplinary procedures
- Pay and conditions
- Training and development
- Succession planning
- Morale and motivation
- Culture and attitudinal development
- Support, coach, and direct warehouse staff including Shipping Coordinator, Warehouse Administrator, Afternoon Shift Supervisor and Warehouse Associates, ensuring all tasks are completed accurately on a daily basis
- Conduct daily staff meetings, effectively communicating the team’s goals, objectives, and areas of improvement
- Responsible for the shipping, receiving, picking, and storage of all products within the warehouse in a timely and accurate manner
- Plan and direct the Distribution Centre’s warehouse and delivery departments to achieve stated/agreed targets and standards of productivity
- Coordinate and oversee all inventory procedures and systems including Inventory Bin Location System (IBL), inventory receiving, transfer reconciliation, stock/location adjustment of discrepancies and execution of year end inventory
- Manage an inventory count every 60 days through daily cycle counting, achieving absolute and net inventory variance of 99% or higher
- Responsible for the management of the IBL/RF including training, troubleshooting, supervising, and assignment of duties to all warehouse personnel
- Responsible for the input, implementation, and management of all Operational SOPs and operational improvement initiatives in support of the Director of Operations
- Respond quickly to branch phone and email requests
- Ensure the Distribution Centre maintenance contracts are in place (i.e. heating, waste removal)
- Support efficient use of equipment, facilities, supplies and maintenance
- Coordinate the maintenance and repair of warehouse equipment
- Monitor and approve all warehouse expenses
- Implement and comply with Company directives concerning health and safety programs
- Provide support to all other NTD employees as required
- Support all directives from the Director of Operations
- Work with NTD management to accomplish company goals and objectives
Experience that Best Prepares You:
- Minimum high school graduate or GED; preferred Bachelor’s degree from university or 4-year college program, or combination of some college and 3-5 years General Manager/wholesale experience in a management position
- Minimum 5 years of wholesale experience in a management position
- Willingness to help NTD customers, employees, and suppliers
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft, Word and Excel
- Strong work ethic with ability to focus and achieve goals
- Ability to learn new computer systems and processes quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to coach and train staff
- Ability to effectively communicate with various functional and organizational levels
- Work autonomously with superior attention to detail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and must occasionally life and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Shipping Coordinator
- Warehouse Administrator
- Afternoon Shift Supervisor
- Warehouse Associate
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!