District Wastewater Supervisor - Ottawa
Role and Responsibilities
Do you have a minimum of five years’ operations experience in water and wastewater operations?
Do you hold your Ontario licences for water & wastewater treatment, distribution & collection?
Do you have Hands on Working Experience with all Ontario regulations included in the following legislation: Safe Drinking Water Act. Ontario Water Resources Act. Environmental Protection Act. Nutrient Management Act. Occupational Health and Safety Act?
The Wastewater Supervisor will supervise all day-to-day activities of the sites in their region and will provide support to the Director, Operations on all related initiatives and will support the VP, Operations Business Development on sales and growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will plan, lead, and coordinate the delivery of operations and maintenance services for water and wastewater industry clients in the Ottawa, Eastern Region in order to support and ensure effective operational effectiveness, efficiencies, safety, and optimum asset management. As well as maintaining clients’ customer satisfaction by developing and maintaining good working relationships, including regular communication through face-to-face meetings, written and verbal correspondence.
• Provides leadership, expert operational input, and oversees the supervision and administration of safe water and wastewater treatment, distribution and collection;
• Ensures operating compliance with existing regulations, legislation and client management systems;
• Attends MECP site inspections and liaises with Ministry personnel;
• Ensures deficiencies identified in inspections completed by MECP are corrected;
• Visit all sites as required to monitor operations and assess needs;
• Provides expert operational input to the engineering, pre-design, design, planning, and implementation for plant capital repairs and expansion;
• Assist the VP, Operations Business Development with the preparation and renewal of existing contracts with the client; and ensures contract obligations will be delivered efficiently and effectively;
• Provides strategic and technical expertise, advice, and recommendations to management for preventative maintenance strategies and technical solutions to support client operations and the company’s business development objectives;
• Reviews and optimizes use of consumables, such as chemicals and spare parts;
• Conducts risk management audits on behalf of the company as it relates to each project;
• Monitors key operating information and team performance including: perform client feedback discussions on a regular basis. Ensures all service areas have the resources and equipment to complete the required projects and tasks. Quality management and service levels
• Conducts post-project feedback and shares with project team;
• Promotes a safe working environment, performs periodic H&S inspections of facilities, enforces the company’s H&S policy;
• Supervises the water and wastewater site operations and interacts with the Compliance Coordinators;
• Supervises and safeguards the assets of the company and ensures that all work carried out is in compliance with safety, environmental and regulatory requirements;
• Participates in the development of long-range goals and objectives for the sites in conjunction with the VP Operations;
• Promotes teamwork and effective communication between all service groups within the company;
• Mentors and supports professional development of Operators;
• Conducts monthly staff meetings as required;
• Reviews and approves time sheets and expense reports on a weekly basis;
• Responsible for review and evaluation of employee performance, follows company discipline policy and recommends salary and staffing changes to Director, Operations;
• Ensures all staff comply with corporate policies and health and safety initiatives.
Requirements and experiences
• Minimum of five years’ Operations experience in water and wastewater operations is a MUST;
• Ontario Licensing in water and wastewater treatment, distribution and collection is a MUST;
• Hands on Working Experience with all regulations included in the following legislation: Safe Drinking Water Act. Ontario Water Resources Act. Environmental Protection Act. Nutrient Management Act. Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Knowledge of various water and wastewater plant technologies; instrumentation and control and SCADA;
• Experience preparing and managing budgets;
• Experience administering and negotiating contracts;
• Skilled with customer relations;
• Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals;
• Proven ability to take initiative and provide support as required;
• Strong problem-solving skills, decision making ability, sound and independent judgement;
• Possess organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Strong computer skills in a Windows environment, including Excel, Outlook and Word;
• Possess a valid driver’s license (Class G minimum), a clean driver’s abstract, and maintains a clean driving record.
Benefits and Other Information
• Full-Time Permanent Position
• Competitive hourly wage dependent on experience
• Growth opportunities for personal and professional development within the company
• Regular business hours; however, may be expected to work outside of regular business hours to achieve project deliverables;
• Frequent travel throughout the Ottawa area and periodic travel to other areas in Ontario.
If you are interested, please send your application (Resume and Cover Letter) through our web site in the employment section https://inacre.ca/en/jobs/district-wastewater-supervisor/ or directly via email to email@example.com
For further information, you can visit our web site https://inacre.ca/en/jobs/ or contact us via phone at 416 550 5135 ext 231
We thank everyone who submits their application. However, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
We offer a reference bonus of a minimum of $200 if you present someone who is hired. Visit https://inacre.ca/en/about-us/referal-program/ or contact us for details