We are looking for a Controller who can provide strategic financial acumen, planning and forward thinking to help build a better business. Leadership, insight, drive and vision are key attributes for the successful candidate in their senior leadership role. The Controller will report directly to the Corporate Controller and support the General Manager, but work closely with other members in each department. The compensation for this role is competitive with the market and does include a full benefit package.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP, IFRS)
- Compare, analyze and communicate monthly financial results, and any variances
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Prepare and report monthly/quarterly presentation to local team and head office (actual vs budget)
- Key partner in submission of annual budget and plans.
- Oversee, prepare, and submit year-end working papers for audit (int. & ext.)
- Review and approve all disbursements
- Manage the cost systems for production, tooling, prototypes and R&D, with ROI projections
- Manage the capital asset system of approvals, purchases, disposals and continuity schedule
- Oversee the preparation of all supporting information for the annual audit with external auditors as necessary
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure that personal and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Manage an effective costing system for the business
- Prepare several Statistics Canada reports as required
- Create financial models analyzing strategic business decisions
- Serve as the finance lead on cross functional teams. Provide financial support to teams as required.
- Ensure that all assumptions with respect to cost improvements/optimization are understood, quantified, tracked, and supported by tangible action plan owned by specific group functions (e.g. Purchasing, Sales, etc.) and/or divisions.
- University degree in accounting, Commerce, or Business Management required
- CPA/CA designation strongly desired
- Minimum 7 years of manufacturing accounting experience
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Be able to work independently
- Strong leadership and Management skills (a team of 3 administrators report to this role)
- Possess strong computer skills - especially Microsoft Office and ERP/CRM systems
- Strong financial & data analysis skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills combined with interpersonal skills
- Experience in a global consolidation environment at a manufacturer facility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: EEO Poster, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 867-6777 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.