The Document Control Clerk will be responsible for the overall organization, management and maintenance of all types of Company documents and records. Software use includes: Aconex (Oracle), FTQ, CUBE, SharePoint, MS Office, Adobe, Skype and others. He or she will oversee all aspects of compiling, filing, archiving and retrieval of documents pertaining to Horizon North’s policies including health and safety records, construction records and drawings, manufacturing work instructions, training records, quality control checklists, inspections & completed records, maintenance records, operational manuals for all projects, as well as any other records as required. The Document Control Clerk will work with management, staff and clients to ensure that all documentation is appropriately created, stored, managed and retrieved as necessary and in accordance with any relevant policies, standards or regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Document Control Clerk performs some or all of the following duties:
• The frequent use of software such as: Aconex (Oracle), SharePoint, CUBE, FTQ, MS office, Skype and others.
• Manage the day to day operations of SharePoint / Aconex / FTQ360 / Cube / etc.
• Administer Horizon North’s Project Stage-gate Process (PSP) by creating Oracle-based project process flow management system for every modular project to manage every document, task, checkpoint and overall project timeline.
• Recommend, work with the BIS Department on the implementation of new Quality, Document Control and PSP related software.
• Create and manage cloud-based file structure system for every new modular project sales lead.
• If sales lead are successful, transition all files to new project job numbers, project profiles and electronic file structure for every new project.
• Implement and manage both hard copy and cloud-based document management processes and systems.
• Recommend actions and strategies in order to improve the management of controlled documents, both hard-copies and cloud-based documents, and other related tasks.
• Provide training and support to all departments to ensure that the document management systems are understood and they are properly utilized at all departments within Horizon North.
• Audit the Document Control systems to ensure these processes and procedures are followed by all departments.
• Ensures documents are proofread and adhere to format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability, corporate consistency and quality.
• Ensures that all project documentation/information releases and updates are received by all internal and external relevant project stakeholders in accordance to the project communication plan.
• Manage, monitor and report on the status of all the design for internal and external releases of drawings and specifications, supporting with the multiple revision processes to ensure all stakeholders receive and provide revisions/feedback, including internal HN Modular Solutions departments and external Professionals and Consultants participating on each project.
• File, print and distribute Production Drawing Packages and Information Bulletins for all manufacturing plants.
• Index, maintain, update and order hardcopy and soft copy information for Building Codes and other applicable standards & related items as required by the Quality, Design, Estimating and other Departments.
• Arrange, attend scheduled and ad-hoc team meetings; take, create, distribute, and archive meeting minutes.
• Ensure that files are up-to-date, and that obsolete versions of controlled documents, both hard copies and cloud-based versions, are marked, removed and archived.
• Create O&M Manuals and tenant packages for all projects supporting the Transfer of Care, Custody and Control process at the end of every project.
• Order and manage the CSA labels. (controlled documents with Serial numbers)
• Fill out, print and apply the “CSA Name Plate” labels for all Modules
• Create: Fall Protection Labels, Reconditioned Unit Labels for modules as needed.
• iPad tracking and maintenance scheduling.
• Creating, storing, issuing and tracking information: Drawings, Serial Numbers, Test Reports, Engineering reports, Project Documentation, Communications, RFI, Transmittals, Forms etc…
• Works with various departments on establishing new processes, procedures, reports and document control guidelines both in hard copies and in our different cloud-based software systems.
• Create and administer inspection check lists and Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) for all divisions of Horizon North.
• Create daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports of all divisions’ Quality Control performance
• Create user How-To manuals and user training.
• Assist with other duties as required.
• Must have graduated with a high school diploma.
• A diploma or degree or equivalent from an accredited University or college in Business Administration and/or Document Control, is considered an asset.
• Experience in construction or engineering environment required.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Office Administration with strong technical writing skills.
• A strong aptitude for being systematic and organized.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with others effectively as well as independently.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all MS Office Suite of software, with focus on Excel & Word.
• Proficient in Adobe Products.
• Knowledge of Construction, Engineering terminology, technical drawings and documentation is an asset.
• Office environment with a flexible work schedule, potentially requiring work on evenings and weekends. Trained, as necessary, in required safety protocols.
• Frequent trips to the shop floor and yard to manage / distribute drawings, help with tablets / software and review / apply CSA module labels. Requiring full PPE.