- Kitchener, ON (Victoria St. N, and Lancaster St. W)
- Full-time permanent role, with flexible scheduling available
- $42,000 - $48,000 per year + benefit plan, fitness benefit, summer hours, and winter holiday closures
- Early career and recent grad applicants welcome – opportunities for training and professional development available!
Are you new to the field of architectural or mechanical technology and have a strong interest in and some experience with drafting?
Are you looking for a role with variety and flexibility, and a chance to be part of a close-knit team who you can learn from every day?
If you answered yes to those questions, then we want to meet you.
We’re Collins Engineering Group Incorporated, a Kitchener-based mechanical engineering firm specializing in medium to large sized HVAC and plumbing projects. For over 30 years, we’ve provided high quality solutions to residential, commercial, and industrial customers, with a focus on cost-effective, functional, and energy conscious designs.
Now, we’re looking to add a Drafter to our team. That’s where you come in.
As our new Drafter you’ll work closely with our owner, engineering team, and architects to convert designs into technical drawings using AutoCAD and Revit.
Your role will have a big impact on our business. Our technical draftspeople are the backbone of our office, who we count on to help bring our projects to life.
Specifically, you’ll be responsible for:
- Reviewing and working from rough sketches and specifications to translate designs for a variety of projects into computer software (AutoCAD and Revit)
- Preparing calculations and drawings for projects
- Communicating with engineers and other staff about project specifications
- Occasionally visiting sites to conduct inspections
Your incredible attention to detail, and ability to pull specifications and plans together to create technically accurate drafts will drive success in this role. You’ll work closely with our team, and external project stakeholders, and so your ability to communicate and deliver your message clearly is also essential.
This role offers a phenomenal opportunity for on-the-job training with a team of knowledgeable professionals. If you’re ready to launch your career, this is the place for you.
Working with Collins Engineering Group Incorporated
We’re a small (just the 6 of us!), close-knit, and supportive team. Ask us why we love it here, and we’ll tell you about our fun and flexible office culture, our commitment to work-life balance, and the fact that no two days are the same. We’re dedicated to your growth, and are willing to train to ensure your success in this role.
You’ll earn $42,000-$48,000 per year, commensurate with experience, plus health and dental benefits. You’ll also enjoy other perks like extended time off during Christmas, Friday half-days during the summers, flexible hours, and a fitness plan benefit.
This is a full-time permanent role working 40 hours per week in our Kitchener office. You’ll have the flexibility to come in and put in a day’s work anytime between 7am and 6pm, depending on your needs. We’re accessible by public transit, and less than a 5-minute walk from the nearest Go station.
Whether you’re a recent grad looking to get your foot in the door with a successful engineering firm, or a mature candidate looking for a flexible opportunity to continue your career, we’d love to hear from you. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience working as a drafter to digitize architectural and engineering drawings/plans (a significant asset)
- Post-secondary education in drafting, architectural/construction technology, mechanical technology, or similar
- Intermediate proficiency with and some experience using AutoCAD software for drafting
- Intermediate proficiency with and some experience using Revit software for drafting
- Experience in the mechanical engineering or HVAC/plumbing industry is an asset
- Driver’s license is an asset, but not required
How to Apply
Our online application gives you the chance to apply as more than just a resume. We’ll assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, which should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll be able to view your results.
We strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community, and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.