The Draftsperson is accountable for the following:
- Ensure that the detailing and/or checking of building orders are accurate and correct in accordance with the Contract Documents and Company standards.
- Ensure that building orders meet expected issue dates for our customers and manufacturing.
- Provide project coordination throughout the Drafting process and ensure that all inquiries are resolved promptly and in a courteous manner.
- Recommend improvements in steel connection design to suit manufacturing processes and industry standards.
- Recommend improvements in cladding and trim design to suit manufacturing processes and industry standards.
- Recommend solutions to job site complications due to errors relating to the steel building system.
The Draftsperson is responsible for performing the following:
- Detail and check the structural and cladding components for buildings of all complexities by utilizing current drafting practices and standards as established by the Company.
- Prepare preliminary and general arrangement drawings for structural and cladding.
- Provide a complete and accurate manufacturing package (i.e. Shop Drawings, Material Cut Lists, Bill of Material Lists).
- Maintain effective communications via phone, email, and otherwise, with internal and external customers.
- Occasional communication with the customer, Architect or Project Engineer for technical information when required.
- Work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ensure that quality is built into the product at each stage of design.
- Perform other related tasks which may be assigned.
Functional Skill Requirements
- Must be proficient in using AutoCAD 2017, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in using a 3D steel detailing software such as Autodesk Advance Steel is an asset.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret Architectural and Structural drawings.
- Must have good knowledge in standard drafting practices, manufacturing practices, and construction erection practices.
- Must be detail oriented and self motivating.
- Promptness and good time management skills are an asset.
- Promotes positive communication skills to liaise with other employees to enable the Company to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Must be proactive and strive to improve methods and procedures to gain efficiency.
$24.99 - $25.00 /hour