Beacon Roofing Supply Canada Company is one of the top 3 roofing & building supply companies in North America and currently operates 21 branches across Canada. Beacon specializes in the sale of commercial and residential roofing products, waterproofing and air barrier products and roofing systems to professional contractors and dealers.
We are currently seeking an experienced Knuckle Boom (Hiab) Crane Operator / Driver candidate for our location of Kelowna (BC).
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate an articulating boom crane and drive truck to transport materials
- Inspect loaded truck for accuracy of order, compliance with weight
- Maintain accurate records for submission to Fleet Office
- Loading truck and roof top loading of materials
- Use of GPS and other navigation utilities
- Oversee the condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes and other equipment
- Perform all duties according to safety guidelines and company policies
- Be knowledgeable regarding all Company products and services.
- Count, verify and manually unload incoming orders and shipments
- Utilize a forklift for moving inventory
- Assist with general warehouse duties and clean-up
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
This position offers competitive wages, sign-on bonus, health, dental, life insurance and RRSP collective plan
- Driver�s licence (Class 3) with air brake endorsement (Class 1 preferred)
- Eligible candidates will have a valid crane certification (22tonne minimum)
- Forklift Operator certification will be an asset
- The candidate must be able to drive a stick shift truck.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos of the organization
- Ability to do basic mathematics including, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions etc
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The candidate must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- The candidate must pass a background check as well as a medical and drug test.