The Driver II (Tractor Trailer) is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of product to our customers. The Driver II will deliver, load and unload propane into propane tanks, cylinders or general freight containers on a tractor and trailer configured unit. The Driver will also be accountable for upholding the highest standards for safety in the delivery and handling of propane and for conducting regular vehicle inspections and maintenance.
- Transfer product at the refinery site or storage tank to the tractor trailer and deliver the product to large containers at customer sites. Initiate and conduct the asset verification process.
- Load, delivery and unload large trailers of tanks and cylinders at storage or customer locations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Leverage technology by utilizing the On Board Truck Computers (OBTC).
- Notify the Delivery Coordinator of route, customer or call frequency changes and adjustments.
- Conduct and maintain the highest standard of safety in all activities and operations ensuring compliance with the regulatory bodies and relevant regulations.
- Maintain equipment to the highest level of safety standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service by promoting the company and its products and services positively and maintaining good customer relations and corporate image.
- Collect customer signature/stamps and payments for deposit if necessary.
- Identify and capitalize on sales opportunities, offers brochures with basic price lists and a contact number.
- High School education plus an applicable trucking course.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience and experience driving a minimum 5-axle truck.
- Experience driving a tractor trailer configuration in various weather conditions and environments including, city, highway and remote locations.
- Previous experience with liquid movement would be an asset.
- Provincial certificates as required to drive a truck trailer with a total load capacity greater than 4,500 tones
- Appropriate provincial driver's license with an air brake ticket and a clean driver's abstract
- Provincial certification to load at the refinery.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computers, specifically the on board truck computers.
**Please note this is a seasonal contract from September 2019 to March 2020**
If you are interested in this challenging position, please submit your resume online.